Login / Sign up
> > > Everquest Alternate Ability Upadting

Messages in topic: Everquest Alternate Ability Upadting
Leebae

Nbr post: 7
Register: 11/22/01
Posted: 10/13/15, 8:15 PM

Is there any way to update what alternate abilities you have purchased manually and not use the program to sync?
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11389
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/23/15, 3:51 AM

Hi Leebae,

No, only Magelo Sync can update those. Any particular reason why you would like to manually update them ?
Leebae

Nbr post: 7
Register: 11/22/01
Posted: 10/23/15, 8:01 AM

Because currently I don't have java installed and with all the security holes and issues that have come up from java in the past I don't want to install it so I can use a single program once or twice a month. I didn't mind it in the past when I had other reasons to install Java on my computer but now the only one would be for the sync program and I am not sure the limited use it would get is worth the potential security issues that Java can cause.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11389
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/27/15, 3:35 AM

Hi Leebae,

There is no security issue with Java itself or the runtime engine (JRE) that Magelo Sync is using. The only caveat is only one piece of Java technology called 'Applet' that runs in Browsers. That is where all those security issues are coming from.

All major browsers are now disabling applets by default and you can also do it explicitly when you install Java on your computer.

So fear not, it's perfectly fine to have Java 8 installed on your computer