Login / Sign up
> > > Allow changing of the level manually on identity card

Messages in topic: Allow changing of the level manually on identity card
Deillusional
Premium User

Nbr post: 29
Register: 6/25/02
Posted: 10/21/15, 5:52 AM

Some people think magelo is a security risk so they try to maintain a manual profile. So either
1) Allow the change of level manually in the system or
2) Allow other people sync to change the level of the guild mates in the magelo update (The same way as you change the ranks in the guild etc).
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11384
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/23/15, 3:42 AM

Hi Deillusional,

The issue is people have been brainwashed by the propaganda around the security issues that Java has been plagued with, without realising that the security issues are nothing to do with Java by itself, only a Java technology called 'Applet' that run in your browser.

You can install Java and disable applets all together, which is something I would indeed advise anyone to do, and I believe all browsers actually do that by default now. But other than that, Java is perfectly safe and secure.

Magelo Sync being a desktop application (not an applet at all) is then naturally, perfectly safe as well.
Deillusional
Premium User

Nbr post: 29
Register: 6/25/02
Posted: 10/23/15, 5:08 AM

I understand this others don't. Could you at least set the default profile level to be the current game max level as a comprimise?
Dafloppy1

Nbr post: 24
Register: 3/13/03
Posted: 10/23/15, 9:13 AM

The root issue here is those users' unfounded fears. The solution is education.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11384
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/27/15, 3:31 AM

Could you at least set the default profile level to be the current game max level as a compromise?

Not sure I understand what you are asking given the identity card of the profile is synced and that is the only way to update it...

As Dafloppy said, best to educate those people so they dont fear Java as a whole.