Login / Sign up
> > > People who use MU to update mob/loot

Messages in topic: People who use MU to update mob/loot
Dyfrin Deathseeker

Nbr post: 91
Register: 10/31/01
Posted: 1/26/07, 6:42 PM

I see already a lot of mobs are getting looted or such by people without MU running, then someone with MU comes along and checks body.

This is messing up ratios, as quite a few mobs drop something 100% of time, and when you look at them, they are showing 80% or worse =p.

If you are in a group, be main looter on all named mobs and denote to group why, for the sake of accuracy! Otherwise don't know how magelo will work like this and be accurate

I hope the MU reads the info about the mob so that if one person loots 1 thing from the mob with MU (they seen full loot) that a groupmate with MU doesn't register the same mob with the loot missing as a new loot instance.

[Dyfrin|javascript:channelProfile("eq",26510)]
Half-Elf Lyricist
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 1/26/07, 8:57 PM

Corpses have a unique corpse ID and Magelo uses that to differentiate between the various corpses. But your thought about having a corpse partially looted by someone not using the Updater and then having someone with the Updater looking at it, is a good one for concern. I don't think there's any way to tell whether or not a corpse has already been (partially) looted.
Jaradis

Nbr post: 529
Posted: 1/28/07, 2:43 AM

For the most part, after a few months, the amount of "looks" will be so high that the actual percentages will be pretty close for most mobs.

Jaradis Stormcaller

Cazic Thule (Brell Serilis) Server
Starbuck

Nbr post: 29
Register: 12/2/01
Posted: 1/29/07, 9:06 AM

Another issue is people who evidently have corrupted version of EQ-

Example, look at the npc list in Goru`kar Mesa.

Nearly every entry there is duplicated, with the bad entry using monster type of Human. This is indicative of a copy of eq with corrupted or incomplete files, so the game substitutes human models (Sony calls them Dougs) as placeholders for the actual critters.

~LE

Lighteagle

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/393912
Dyfrin Deathseeker

Nbr post: 91
Posted: 1/29/07, 4:13 PM

For the most part, after a few months, the amount of "looks" will be so high that the actual percentages will be pretty close for most mobs.

Not if the trend continues though.
Say a mob is killed 100 times a week serverwide, and only 80% of that time a MU user gets to check corpse before people loot stuff, time is irrelevant. 80% of the loot will be recorded.
Be it mob was checked 50 times or 500 times, the ratios would stay the same.

It works good now, just wondering if we can improve accuracy.

[Dyfrin|javascript:channelProfile("eq",26510)]
Half-Elf Lyricist
polkgaiimahn

Nbr post: 19
Register: 1/2/02
Posted: 2/9/07, 11:02 AM

Is there a way to only add the info if a person has looted coin with the corpse? Mobs will drop coin only for the first person who checks it. Problem with this is some mobs don't drop coin. =/

What about decay timer? Can MU look at that?
baody

Nbr post: 36
Register: 1/22/04
Posted: 2/13/07, 4:32 PM

That wouldn't work... lots of mobs don't drop coin and many raid mobs don't get looted until well into their timer.

Cerrena Sweetbuns - Halfling Warrior-Baker
polkgaiimahn

Nbr post: 19
Register: 1/2/02
Posted: 2/22/07, 3:58 AM

If it can check the decay timer and not add data for corpses older than say, 5 seconds then the data is unlikely to get corrupted. I mentioned the coin thing in my post already~
Rredd

Nbr post: 9
Register: 10/2/02
Posted: 3/3/07, 4:19 PM

Hmmm

If a mob has drops coin, it always drops coin. Once magelo sees coin, require it?

Raid bosses... would it be accurate to say they always drop at least X number of loots? Anguish bosses for instance... however they do drop some random amount of trash.

Yea I think the percentages get skewed but perhaps they are all skewed equally?? In other words, the Blade of Forgotten Faith shows 11% drop rate... but it's really either higher or lower than that.

Imagine a full raid clearing anguish, with everyone running Magelo Update. For each boss, you'll see Two full updates (loot officer, and first looter see 7 items, backflag item, 2 ancient runes, 3 REAL loots, 1 trash item) plus one looter seeing 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 item.

That means that the last real loot item (as in not backflag, rune, or vendor trash) will get counted up to 5-6 times and the first one 1-3 times. Anyways as I said PRESUMING that loot is handled in a semi random order by the guild then over time it should balance out somewhat as far as relative percentages go but probably all the percentages will be 3-4 times more than they should be.

There MIGHT be a way to firstoff eliminate the vendor trash loot (only consider nodrops that can't be looted from a large number of different mobs in the zone) then if at that point, you can see that the mob ALWAYS drops the same number of real loots, then you use that count as a validator for fresh corpses.

Rredd
Maurice
Advisor

Posted: 3/3/07, 7:27 PM

If you read my post higher up in the thread, you will see that I posted something about corpse ID's there.

The only problem occurs when someone running MU loots a corpse that is already partially looted by someone who didn't have MU running when he did so.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/17/07, 3:29 PM

I wonder about one thing, let's suppose a mob have the following drop:
  • slot 1 : item A
  • slot 2 : item B
  • slot 3 : item C

If player A loot the first slot (item A), when another player look at the drop, do he see the following:
  • slot 1 : empty
  • slot 2 : item B
  • slot 3 : item C

or items in the inventory are re organized and he see the following:
  • slot 1 : item B
  • slot 2 : item C

If the game follows the first scenario then we could code something to detect holes in the loot window and then ignore the observation. Of course, this would not be 100% safe because there is no way to detect that someone previously looted the last item in the loot.

If someone could check ingame and keep me posted on this stuff, it would be very kind, thanks in advance.
Nilbus

Nbr post: 98
Register: 11/12/01
Posted: 3/17/07, 9:58 PM

I'm 99% sure it's the second option. if you loot an item, then close and reopen the corpse the contents shift upwards.

[Nilbus Oberlovyn|http:\\eq.magelo.com\profile\246758]
Master Tinkerer and Primal Elementalist - Tunare
AeiaForestheart

Nbr post: 40
Register: 7/14/02
Posted: 3/18/07, 7:41 PM

It is the second option, even in the case that the same player opens the corpse again. There are no empty slots on monster corpses.

Master Artisan Aeia Forestheart
guild leader of Defenders of Fae
Maurice
Advisor

Posted: 3/19/07, 5:22 AM

But is that just a visual effect, or is it also that way in the underlaying mechanics? It could just be programmed as such to visually hide any and all empty slots.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/19/07, 7:33 AM

I will check but unfortunatly i think it's not just a visual trick.