Login / Sign up
> > > loot via magelo sync not always working

Messages in topic: loot via magelo sync not always working
drool
Premium User

Nbr post: 94
Register: 7/3/14
Posted: 11/12/15, 11:04 AM

In addition to the other thread about empty mobs..

I went to Erud's crossing today. I killed about 70 mobs. I was using advanced loot. The resulting sync was sporadic. Oddly, certain mobs seemed worse than others. I killed 7 island madmen, but only 1 synced up when looted.

I tried various techniques to see what was wrong. I left the loot window up longer before looting (which actually seemed to help some), tried proximity to mob when I looted, tried hutting the sync button more and less frequently. I couldn't really pin anything down.

I'd be more than happy to run tests and help figure this out. Could you give me an idea of how this works so I could try things more apt to pinpoint the problem?
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11395
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 11/21/15, 9:47 PM

Hi Drool,

In order to 'experiment' with this, the best way is to monitor the magelo sync log given it will log when it detects some drops.

If you happen to have linux tools installed on your windows ( http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ ) then you can use less on the magelo sync log to see loot information in real time as they happen.

Let us know how it goes.
drool
Premium User

Nbr post: 94
Register: 7/3/14
Posted: 11/23/15, 8:31 AM

Will do as soon as magelo sync is patched again for the latest EQ.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11395
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/23/16, 4:39 AM

Closing this issue given you have opened other ones with some Magelo Sync log snippets to help us identify the culprit.