Login / Sign up
> > > Character Missing

Messages in topic: Character Missing
Arcos
Premium User

Nbr post: 11
Register: 3/6/04
Posted: 1/29/16, 2:23 PM

The character in my first game slot has disappeared. The link to my character profile says page not found http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1073782 When I log into Magelo the character Arcos is not not the character list. Magelo sync says it has synced sucessfully,

Update – after running Magelo sync Arcos showed up as a new character – not my main, with a new character page address and missing signature and settings I had before.

I got him back as main by deleting the one shown as main but I would like to have all his other settings back to what they have been for the last 10 years.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 2/1/16, 6:29 AM

Is it possible you synced your character on another Magelo account?
Anyway, I am glad it came back! We can update your profile with your old id. I will let you know when it's done. Regarding your other settings, like signature and profile customization, I am afraid you will have to update them manually in your characters page.

Thanks
Arcos
Premium User

Posted: 2/13/16, 8:22 PM

No way to have it on another account - I only have the one.

And as of today (the 13th) Arcos has disappeared from my character page again and another toon has been moved up to main. I have not synced or touched anything since you said the old data and sig and character page could be put back. This may be the same issue that knocked him out the first time.

Going to just leave it be since i do not want to create yet another page. The original profile was http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1073782

Regards
Arcos
Premium User

Posted: 2/24/16, 6:29 PM

I know you are busy trying to deal with the last game update but I wanted to update the status of my problem. The new profile has disappeared just like the original one. I changed the account password and just deleted a bunch of old alt profiles since they are not updated or used. At the moment there are no characters at all. I have no idea why the profile for Arcos keeps disappearing. If you need to wipe everything feel free. If possible I would like the old number and sig if the can be recovered.

As soon as sync is available I can try to make a new profile if you like. I will not do anything until you have a chance to check the account and maybe restore the original character number if possible. Let me know what I need to do.
GrimduMourning

Nbr post: 1
Register: 9/13/06
Posted: 3/19/16, 12:58 AM

My main toon disapeard Grimdu Firiona via, cant find him anywhere
Arcos
Premium User

Posted: 3/19/16, 5:33 PM

It has been a couple of months now and nothing has changed. I used the new version of sync to create a new profile. It had a new number different from the previous one and within a week it had disappeared like the ones before it. So again at the moment there are zero characters on my account.

Are you even looking into this? It seems from the other reply here that I am not the only one with a problem.

I mean really, is being a paying member for over 10 years not even worth a reply or update?
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11389
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/23/16, 3:44 AM

Hi Arcos,

Apologize for the late feedback on your issue.

The only was a character would disappear on you so to speak is if someone else under another magelo account is syncing your character. However the profile would still be there, it's just that the character itself would not be listed under your characters anymore.

So this is very puzzling..

I just audited our code quickly and the only way a character could be deleted is if you actually triggered it yourself. If you are absolutely sure no one else has access to your magelo account, it's definitely very weird.

I can put some audit trail on character deletion as to monitor what is going on there.
Arcos
Premium User

Posted: 3/26/16, 8:36 PM

So far the single character seems to be staying on the list. I honestly have no idea why the original character number poofed. For years the on posted above worked fine. Is there any chance of restoring that number and old profile and sig?
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11389
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/27/16, 9:48 PM

Hi Arcos,

Glad to hear it, I will mark this issue ha solved for now then. I have restored your old profile ID but there is not much I can do regarding your sig and profile customisation.