Login / Sign up
> > > The Buried Sea update

Messages in topic: The Buried Sea update
Daitan

Nbr post: 9
Register: 5/11/02
Posted: 2/22/07, 3:01 AM

what's probably happening is the window that says that EQ has been patched and will not work with this version of MU is popping up behind the magelo window so you don't see it/ It has an Okay button, so if it's hidden behind MU when you try to click the x to close it all it will do is beep at you. I've seen this happen frequently when running MU while playing.

Regards,

Daitan Niyan
75 Monk
The Rathe
Trook

Nbr post: 83
Register: 11/25/03
Posted: 2/22/07, 9:16 AM

Just Curious:

Is there a reason why the Magelo folks don't get some kind of agreement with SoE that will allow them to receive the updated info ahead of time so they can have the update out the day of the EQ patch..

Not a complaint. I dont mind waiting for the MU..

Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 2/22/07, 9:27 AM

They don't officially support 3d party software. Supporting Magelo (by giving advance information) would create a precedent, on which they would have to support everyone maintaining a similar site. Furthermore, it would be support for something to which they themselves also offer a competing product (EQPlayers). It is therefore not in their interest to work together with Magelo (or similar).
Vazago

Nbr post: 19
Register: 7/7/02
Posted: 2/22/07, 10:45 AM

However maybe they should have consulted some expertes on this service, namely the Magelo team before they launched EQplayers.

I think you guys do a great job and for me EQplayers isnt even an option..

Bricktop - Commando - <Wreckers> - Space Slug
gcubed

Nbr post: 7
Register: 10/25/04
Posted: 2/22/07, 10:47 AM

EQPlayers a competing product?

No competition. Magelo wins by default.
awsaleeby

Nbr post: 1
Register: 3/2/06
Posted: 2/22/07, 1:28 PM

Hey, its been 3 days since this post where it said it would be working tomorrow. Why do we pay money for a service if yall are just gonna sit on your ass and not get the stuff working. The new Expac has been out for a week or 2 now. Thanks for all the hard work slackers at Magelo.com
xilly

Nbr post: 5
Register: 12/9/06
Posted: 2/22/07, 2:10 PM

Stop whining. You pay 30 bucks for an entire year, not two weeks.
Maurice
Advisor

Posted: 2/22/07, 2:20 PM

Apparently, not all went well . It was just an ETA, I guess they missed it due to what didn't go well.
Queylick

Nbr post: 34
Register: 10/5/02
Posted: 2/22/07, 2:24 PM

People can bitch all they want, when we paid $12 a yr it took at least a week for magelo to patch after an EQ patch like this, now we pay $24 and it's still taking just as long.

The old Magelo worked just fine and actually the old version loaded twice as fast as this java thing does. I surely will keep on paying but I am throwing my 2cp in here.

I could see paying $24 a month if it allowed us to upload pics from our pc for our magelo w/o having to find some website to host them.

eepok
Premium User

Nbr post: 58
Register: 9/21/04
Posted: 2/22/07, 2:39 PM

Back off Flamers. This is no place for it. If you have a complaint about the service, take it to the forums. This is a comments section on a front page update.

Desideratus

Nbr post: 16
Register: 3/15/04
Posted: 2/22/07, 3:29 PM

Magelo has to be updated every time eqgame,exe changes. Plus, whenever there's an expansion, the new features have to be incorporated. The Buried Sea isn't even stable yet - it hasn't gone 2 days without ANOTHER patch since release. The last patch went in 20 hours ago, not over a week. The developers didn't even know about the last patch when they raised this message.

Plus, this time not only is there a whole new inventory slot to add in and work out the effects of - that new slot can also affect the properties of items in many of the other slots. Big changes for Magelo calculations.

Not to mention, Sony changed the ammo slot into the powersource slot (and remember, gear in ammo slot DIDN'T used to affect your stats, so another code change there) then moved the ammo slot into bag slot 1, bag slot 1 into bag slot 2, etc - AND the contents of the bags also moved by 10 positions in the character data.

All in all, I can't think of the last change that would have affected Magelo as MUCH as this one. Give the developers time guys.
xilly

Nbr post: 5
Register: 12/9/06
Posted: 2/22/07, 4:51 PM

They didn't change the ammo slot into the powersource slot, they simply added a new slot. Ammo slot still exists. It's where my alchemy trophy sits.
Sukrasisx

Nbr post: 23
Register: 4/15/05
Posted: 2/22/07, 6:46 PM

Yes, the ammo slot is still there. But internally, the game has moved a bunch of slots around. Many of my characters had hotkeys set up for the ammo slot (for invoking horse bridles or summoning trophy bags); those hotkeys now show the new energeion slot instead. Similarly, if I had a hotkey for general inventory slot 8, that hotkey now shows me slot 7, etc.
Maurice
Advisor

Posted: 2/22/07, 7:07 PM

To me that sounds like strange programming on SOE's side. I would use pointers to the various locations so that when you shift the actual locations around, the pointers remain unaffected - and thereby any attached hotkeys. Furthermore, the changes would be minimal. Oh well, I am no SOE programmer .
docchip

Nbr post: 6
Register: 6/16/03
Posted: 2/22/07, 7:55 PM

Yes Sony went out of their way to make it strange. Custom UIs were effected the same way. Why not just add the extra slot at the end of the bags at slot 30, no they put it in slot 22, which was the ammo slot, which got shifted to 23 or something. Crazy coders at SoE, but hey I don't get paid a bonus every 6 months when a expansion comes out at the deadline. Who cares abouts the bugs and messing up everything, I am going on vacation with the bonus.