Login / Sign up
> > > The Buried Sea update

Messages in topic: The Buried Sea update
Nilbus

Nbr post: 98
Register: 11/12/01
Posted: 2/22/07, 10:37 PM

A dev posted it was due to deep dark inventory related code that current coders looked at and ran away screaming about "please, I will behave, don't make me try to update that"

or something

[Nilbus Oberlovyn|http:\\eq.magelo.com\profile\246758]
Master Tinkerer and Primal Elementalist - Tunare
Erikofsantarosa

Nbr post: 6
Register: 7/25/06
Posted: 2/23/07, 2:30 AM

Great, that answers my question, and by someone who should be answering it.....
Unfortunately , i did not post my question here, i posted it here http://eq.magelo.com/forum/messages.jspa?topic=1658 and no one who should know bothered to answer it. Is this what you call customer support?, does anyone who works here even bother to read the bug reports?, if so, why didnt they give an answer like the one finally posted here???.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, you ppl need to work on your support and communication if you want subscribers, like me, to be happy with the product.
Nebas

Nbr post: 3
Register: 2/15/07
Posted: 2/23/07, 2:39 AM

I have the premium service and it's not loading. You all still trying to do the update for the expansion? When do you expect to be back up and running?
eepok
Premium User

Nbr post: 58
Register: 9/21/04
Posted: 2/23/07, 4:27 AM

Erikofsantarosa:

Hey, Homie, bring it down a notch.We all want magelo up and running but the truth of the matter is this not an SoE project. The developer gets not info on the changes to EQ prior to expansion launches or patched. This is all adjust and go.

Try sending the guys a "Thanks for all your hard work in creating a program that neither I, nor anyone else, has proven capable in doing!". I guarantee it does more to help the process than complaining.

Shelearns

Nbr post: 143
Register: 1/16/06
Posted: 2/23/07, 5:17 AM

Erikofsantarosa:

Your question was answered in both threads, whether you want to believe the people that dont actually work on Magelo, but have been using it long enough to know what happens every patch, especially when new expansions come out.

If you are looking for an exact date, you arent going to get one. And if you do, chances are something will go wrong before it's pushed live, and they will say "Ooops, we missed the date. We apologize & will have it ready asap."

The people that work on Magelo dont check these forums 24/7(afaik hehe). You asked your question 10 days ago, and guess what? It was answered with the correct answer the very same day. Who cares if that person doesnt work on Magelo, anyone who has used it for more then a few months knows the answer to your question. If you dont want to believe the answer, or want a concrete date, tough luck buddy.

I look forward to using Magelo when it comes out ready. Good work guys =)
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 2/23/07, 5:27 AM

The people that work on Magelo dont check these forums 24/7(afaik hehe).

While I don't actually work on Magelo (well, not outside my role as Advisor ), I do try to read the forum every day. And I try to answer as many issues and questions being asked. Sometimes, though, I just don't know the answer.

The actual question was when the update would be ready - and it was answered. Since the patch to Magelo Update is reactionary to what they do in the patches to EverQuest it takes a while. After a new expansion, Jelan waits a few days for SOE to iron out all the post-expansion-launch bugs and then starts working on Magelo Update. Depending on what things SOE changed, that research may take hours, days or weeks. Following that, Jelan & Co needs to program a patch to the Magelo Update program, test it in-house before pushing it live.

Besides that, development on new content (more game channels) is also happening behind the scenes and there are multiple issues still standing out for Magelo as well.

In other words, post-expansion updates just take a while. That's the nature of the beast.
ozzumar

Nbr post: 2
Register: 2/11/07
Posted: 2/23/07, 9:31 AM

Hello Everyone,

I just signed up for Premium service only to find out that I can not use your service due to your
working on a patch. Some sort of notice on your MAIN page would have been nice or a little Pop-up (just before I clicked the pay button) warning me " You can pay for Magelo now, but you may not use it until we patch it"

I'm sure you guys are working really hard, and maybe I am asking for too much.
Could you change the start date of my subscription? or change it to one year plus X number of days which would equal the number of days from now until your patch is actually applied. Another option would be for you to Cancel my subscription and refund my money, then email me once your Magelo profiling system if functional again. Then I could register for a new subscription and actually use your service.

Well, Thank you for reading my first post on this fine forum.

Warmest Regards,
Ozzumar Paineelious
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 2/23/07, 10:46 AM

There was a news post on the 19th of february that Jelan is working on the MU to make it compatible with the latest expansion (actually, it is the starting message in this topic). Was there another message and/or other information you would have expected there?
Tarrsik

Nbr post: 17
Register: 12/12/01
Posted: 2/23/07, 11:13 AM

Ya know, its so sad that due to the instantaneousness of the web, We have so little patience for things. You see something you like. You buy it, scroll past the User agreement form. (Why read that POS thing after all you don't have time). Scroll past the useless verbiage about shutting down all running programs. (After all you never had an issue before that would make your other software not work) Then hit that enter key and wow installing. Oh yeah, where did it install? shoot... cant find it.... I know. I'll post on their site...

Get a clue and be more responsible for your own actions here people. And while your at it. Try reading the other posts and see the features that this service gives you. For the cost your not going to get better.
And a few days without Magelo will not take away the fun you have in EQ!
Reamas

Nbr post: 2
Register: 5/17/06
Posted: 2/23/07, 12:28 PM

Don't worry. The more people complain, the more it means they like your product.
mac173

Nbr post: 11
Register: 7/23/03
Posted: 2/23/07, 1:52 PM

Obviously there has been a delay. The changes made in this expansion seem pretty extensive. I understand the delay, and the extended downtime after an expansion is Sony's fault, not Jelan's.

I would love to see a revised estimate of when you think you will be updated.
Sinadven

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/26/02
Posted: 2/23/07, 2:40 PM

I'm in the same boat as a few other here, I just purchased my premium account on the 19th with hopes that the service would be up and running that day or sometime there abouts. Anyways, Like many others i'm very happy with the new format of magelo. If at all possible jelan could be possibly get an idea of where things stand now, not trying to beat a dead horse and keep poking just sucks that i keep going to the site everyday twice a day hoping to see some different news or atleast an update and it's there. Like i said not trying to /rant or anything but any info you can offer us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the hard work.
Moar

Nbr post: 1
Register: 8/26/04
Posted: 2/23/07, 2:43 PM

A revised estimate would be nice but I know it is only an estimate. Unforseen things come up. I just want to say thank you for the job that you guys do and I have no problem waiting as long as it takes for the adjustments to be made. Magelo is awesome and thank you again.

Rochard

Nbr post: 4
Register: 9/12/05
Posted: 2/23/07, 3:54 PM

Just my luck. I was a premium member until the new format and it happed that while things were being updated my service ran out. Money wa a little tight and with the new price i delayed sighing up again. Now that i have gained 10 lvls i wanted to get updated and sighned up again for a great product. Of course i waited until I need advice on my toon from the Safehouse and the service is down. Must be that little cloud that follows me around. Ohh well i am looking forward to the service when it come up. Thanks for your product
FarionaSG

Nbr post: 19
Register: 9/1/03
Posted: 2/23/07, 4:41 PM

OMG OMG FIX IT OR ILL KILL MYSELF!!! =P lol Good work magelo team! Im only impatient because I have so many toons, the only way I can see if a drop i dont need is something i want is by checking my magelos. The great thing about Eqplayers is that it shows how you guys own SOE and its their product your working with. btw Where did the name Magelo come from?