Login / Sign up
> > > Vista, memory locations

Messages in topic: Vista, memory locations
Hata

Nbr post: 8
Register: 2/18/02
Posted: 2/20/07, 7:08 PM

I have what some have described as a total lack of understanding regarding how magelo works with memory, so excuse this if it is a dumb question. I read somewhere that Vista randomly uses segments of memory - I am assuming this is in opposition to XP where maybe its used sequentially? Would this affect magelo?

Hata Takushi
May the bridges I burn light my way
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 2/21/07, 5:43 AM

Programs will still need to find out where their data has been stored in memory . So one way or another, regardless of how Vista organises its memory, programs will have a way of connecting to their data. I don't think Magelo will be affected by this much.

But that's just a guess, I don't know much about the inner workings of Vista, nor do I know how far Jelan is in understanding the deeper scheme of things on a Vista OS .
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 2/21/07, 8:01 AM

It should not affect us much, this is more about allocation strategy when a program needs some memory and asks the OS to allocate some for its usage.

With XP you could predict where the memory will be allocated and with vista you cant but it does not affect Magelo Update since it does not leverage this at all.