Login / Sign up
> > > The Buried Sea - almost done

Messages in topic: The Buried Sea - almost done
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 2/26/07, 5:19 AM

I am happy to inform you all that Magelo Update is almost done. While downtime for a "normal" patch is usually short and the program up and running again very fast, an expansion is a different beast altogether. It introduces a lot of new tricks and features to the game, some even hidden from the general public - but a program like Magelo Update does need to keep track of such things in order to work correctly.

Besides the expansion release itself, SOE had to patch their game a couple of times during the time since the expansion was released, each time throwing the update to our Magelo Update utility off by several days. But work is almost done; there is one more thing that has to be sorted out and then the Magelo Update program will be ready for operation again. Stay tuned for (hopefully today) a follow-up post indicating it is up again.

Apologies for the extended downtime, but that's just the way things are.
Cravin Dakelna

Nbr post: 28
Register: 11/15/01
Posted: 2/26/07, 5:44 AM

thanks for the update on the update I know it seems like a small thing but its good to know progress is being made

Sage Cravin Has'Root
Arch Convoker
Brakiss

Nbr post: 9
Register: 4/24/02
Posted: 2/26/07, 6:20 AM

Thank you for the time, effort and communication 8)

Gimplord Adalric Brandl
Deathcaller of Innoruuk
<Walkers> of Vazaelle (Maelin)
Trook

Nbr post: 83
Register: 11/25/03
Posted: 2/26/07, 8:43 AM

I agree.. ty for the update.. and although I may compain here and there.. I do appreciate the hard work you all do.. I didn't realize all that went on with this update as far as SoE pathcing immediately after the expansion release and how that affects (Delays) the MU.

Thanks again..
kwahnyin

Nbr post: 25
Register: 6/14/05
Posted: 2/26/07, 9:00 AM

I've been stalking the update page waiting for something new... thank you soooo much for the updated update!
SharCleric

Nbr post: 11
Register: 4/11/04
Posted: 2/26/07, 10:07 AM

OMG Thanks!!!!! I could kiss everyone! I'm glad to know that things are moving along! This is one of the most happiest days of my life (the next being when the update is done =P )

mav7469

Nbr post: 3
Register: 6/17/03
Posted: 2/26/07, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the update. I look forward to the release.

May your god bless you as I send you to see him.

Montra Blues
Loyal follower of Tunare
65th age of life
rhani

Nbr post: 2
Register: 3/13/03
Posted: 2/26/07, 12:51 PM

Hi.

Thank-you for the update from last week. I just assumed it would be ready when it was ready, for the MU isn't the most important aspect of magelo for me, but reading these comments, it appears to be so for many.

Being in a dkp guild, my favorite aspect is to be able to create alternate profiles and compare the complete effects of different potential upgrades & upgrade paths.

Thank-you, and keep up the good work!
directxbear

Nbr post: 5
Register: 11/15/03
Posted: 2/26/07, 6:41 PM

Thanks for working on it, I really miss the updater pretty badly. My poor little Beastlord alt is still showing up as level 5 and he is actually 35 now, hehe.

Best wishes,
Runawayordie

Nbr post: 13
Register: 8/24/04
Posted: 2/26/07, 8:50 PM

Thank you for letting us knwo whats goin on heeh was gettin a bit worried ther for a min hehe not tryin to rish you i preferr a quality service over speedy one just ask to be kept in the loop GL and keep up the good work
FarionaSG

Nbr post: 19
Register: 9/1/03
Posted: 2/27/07, 3:32 PM

While I understand the reason for downtime and am generally not bitchy about it I have to make a comment here. "Apologies for the extended downtime, but that's just the way things are." This is a tad disturbing for someone that i do give money to for their service to say. How would you feel if everyone said sorry we arent gonna give you money anymore, but that's just the way things are." I don't mind waiting and I do understand why it takes a bit but damn lol
directxbear

Posted: 2/27/07, 7:44 PM

I just ran the updater and got the following java error... Any suggestions?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase=" http://eq.magelo.com/mu" href="magelo-update.jnlp">
<information>
<title>Magelo Update</title>
<vendor>Magelo SA</vendor>
<description>Synchronize your game characters with Magelo</description>
<homepage href=" http://eq.magelo.com"/>
<icon href="logo-webstart.gif"/>
<shortcut online="true">
<desktop/>
<menu/>
</shortcut>
<related-content href=" http://eq.magelo.com">
<title>Magelo Website</title>
</related-content>
</information>
<information locale="fr">
<description>Synchronisez les personnages de vos jeux en ligne avec Magelo</description>
</information>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.5+" initial-heap-size="10m"/>
<jar href="magelo-update.jar"/>
<jar href="magelo-resources.jar"/>
<nativelib href="native.jar"/>
<property name="remoting.root" value=" http://mu.magelo.com/remoting/"/>
</resources>
<application-desc main-class="com.magelo.update.MageloUpdate"/>
</jnlp

Thanks -
directxbear

Posted: 2/27/07, 9:53 PM

This expansion must have been hell on you guys. It looks like it is still busted, but I am glad that we are getting close.