Login / Sign up
> > > Confused over new magelo mana regen

Messages in topic: Confused over new magelo mana regen
Queylick

Nbr post: 34
Register: 10/5/02
Posted: 4/27/07, 1:27 PM

Okay: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1282741

Breakdown tab, it says Mana regen cap I have right now is 25, BUT in the next column over it says Standing mana regen is 30, that is not possible if my cap is listed at 25.

Now I do have MC3, but I do not have MS5.

This makes no sense and to be perfectly honest I am sick of trying to decipher the stupid new Magelo all it does is frustrate me, thus my second issue is now this, I pay currently for Magelo but I am have reached the end of my rope with the new format, is there no way to revert my magelo back to the old format? I could care less for this fancy thing that I guess everyone else likes, I just my simple plain old magelo back and flush this new version out of my face.

(fyi the old magelo said it plain and simply that this here was your mana regen and here is the cap period)

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 4/28/07, 12:15 PM

It's honestly really simple...

The cap for regen stats (HP,Mana,Endur) is on bonus coming from items only. When you stand, your meditation skill and its effect on your mana regen is not computed but you got one extra point.

So basically, without items, when you stand you gain 5 mana per tick (innate mana regen from your AAs and the extra point: 4+1) and when you sit, medidation kicks in and you get 29 mana per tick (4+25).

So far it should be clear.

Now we apply the bonus you get from items. This one, as said above, is capped. In your case, you have +42 mana points from your items but your cap is at 25 mana points so you will "just" get that amount which gives us:

Total standing : 5 + 25 = 30
Total sitting : 29 + 25 = 54

Note that this total is on the front page of your profile if you don't want to bother with details and as for the old cap, it's totally irrelevant now, because it was based on FT items and the game mechanics have changed since then.