Login / Sign up
> > > TS Average....

Messages in topic: TS Average....
nyteshadow

Nbr post: 20
Register: 4/5/02
Posted: 5/26/07, 1:58 AM

only gnomes are able to tinker, is this included in the TS average for other races? I noticed that when you view a character in the via the normal link, that tinkering is included on the tradeskills page under the skills button.

Noticed this while poking around with the the "rankings" page and that Nyteshadow does not show up at all on the rankings under TS Average, when she is 300 in all but research, which I've been lazy and that is still at 200. All her skills do list correctly and do show up when doing a rankings sort by any of the various tradeskills.
OptimisticFool

Nbr post: 84
Register: 4/21/03
Posted: 5/26/07, 4:08 AM

TS average also includes fishing, research and alchemy.
nyteshadow

Nbr post: 20
Register: 4/5/02
Posted: 5/26/07, 9:06 AM

Well the EQ tradeskill community and Everquest has the following as the primary tradeskills and these are the ones that will earn you titles as you advance your skills in all of them above certain levels.

Baking
Blacksmithing
Brewing
Fletching
Jewelcraft
Pottery
Tailoring

So if you are looking for a "Master Artisan", it'll be someone with 300 in all the above skills.

The other's are considered "extra" tradeskills, and have various restrictions:

Alchemy - Shaman ONLY
Poison Making (or is it Craft?) - Rogue ONLY
Research - INT casters ONLY
Tinkering - Gnome ONLY

And Fishing, although a "tradeskill", has just kinda fallen on the wayside in importance and isn't really counted within the Tradeskill community when looking at totals...

And while I don't know how exactly all this should be wieghed into Magelo, I "personally" feel that skills that are not available for your class/race should not be computed into the average, it kinda skews the numbers.
Tiroon

Nbr post: 1
Register: 10/13/05
Posted: 5/29/07, 3:09 PM

Agree, tradeskilling prowess is measured by looking at the 7 universally available tradeskills.

When the skill cap was at 250 there was the 1750 club: http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=16039

Now with the cap at 300 there is the 2100 club: http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthread.php?t=21146

While I'm indifferent about fishing it has to be said that there is no trophy for fishing and the skill level is capped at 200. Besides if you include fishing you really would have to include Alcohol Tolerance as well since those two seem to come hand-in-hand.

For those who add to the insanity of the 49 club (all 7 main trophies at level 7) by leveling class/race restricted tradeskills as well on their main or alts there are special straightjackets in a range of soothing colors but no special recognition.

Please reconsider how the average is calculated.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11387
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 5/30/07, 7:24 AM

I will fix this asap. Thanks for the feedback.