Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo Update 3.0.24 is now working with latest EQ patch

Messages in topic: Magelo Update 3.0.24 is now working with latest EQ patch
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11406
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/11/07, 7:13 AM

Magelo has been updated to work with the latest everquest patch (06/08 micro patch). It was a server side update, your Magelo Update 3.0.24 should work just fine now.
grizlycub

Nbr post: 7
Register: 9/29/04
Posted: 6/12/07, 9:03 PM

I'm running Windows Vista and My updater has been down since my initail load. Is there something i have to do to get Magelo to update? or just download the updater again?

grizlycub

Posted: 6/12/07, 9:49 PM

Found out that i needed to run as administrator. I accomplished that by right clicking icon and selecting run as adminastrator

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11406
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/12/07, 11:42 PM

This is interesting.. Is your account a restricted one ? (not an administrator one)
surukthered

Nbr post: 9
Register: 12/12/06
Posted: 6/13/07, 12:57 AM

I haven't been able to get mine to work on vista at all even when run as admin or compatible with xp service pack 2. I have latest jre and I've reinstalled everything. Right now I can't even run it I get can't find jre 1.6+. Also I can get it to work on my laptop that runs windows xp pro I think its something to do with Vista
Kenona

Nbr post: 2
Register: 11/2/04
Posted: 6/13/07, 1:58 PM

I have windows xp home and mine hasnt worked for awile now. think 2 paches ago
grizlycub

Posted: 6/16/07, 4:52 PM

yes my account is a user, keeps me from doing really stupid bad things, more importantly my wife can't mess stuff up.

Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 6/18/07, 4:28 AM

surukthered, are you sure you don't have multiple JREs installed? If you have prior versions on your machine try uninstalling them first, then uninstall/reinstall Magelo Update.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Narrian Sr.

Register: 11/30/06
Posted: 6/21/07, 5:26 PM

my updater isnt loading. when i try and load it form desktop or from thw website it just wont load. when i click launch magelo updater it comes up with a java boxes then does nothing. Yes i have JRE installed.Can any1 help me figure this out?
Miiru

Nbr post: 56
Register: 10/20/02
Posted: 7/3/07, 2:35 AM

I am having the same problem... for some reason my desktop icon to launch is gone.. and when I launch from the website I get that same message and it will not load and yes Java is updated.

Miiru
surukthered

Posted: 7/5/07, 11:12 AM

Ok when you download the newest JRE you also get a developer kit along with it. When I deleted the developer kit I was able to get MU to work from the website. However, I am still unable to get it to run off my computer I get an error saying that MU can't access the JRE. So if you are still having trouble try deleting the developer kit (even though it is not a JRE).
surukthered

Posted: 7/5/07, 11:50 PM

and again we get another mostly useless patch that makes MU unusable.
Xilraazz

Nbr post: 10
Register: 10/10/01
Posted: 7/6/07, 8:14 PM

They pretty much removed melee push, that's not at all useless. And changing the AA window while at first I thought it sucked hardcore, it now makes it a little easier to finish out full sets of AA's so it might not be so bad.

noil

Nbr post: 4
Register: 1/27/03
Posted: 7/7/07, 4:04 AM

not sure I understand ,, magelo says patch is working with Newest MU but when I launch updater it launches but says it is not updated with new patch ??

Noil
Thelynxeffect

Register: 1/25/03
Posted: 7/7/07, 6:21 AM

I would recommend you look at the date the post was originally made.