Login / Sign up
> > > Patch to EverQuest - AA revamp

Messages in topic: Patch to EverQuest - AA revamp
phrakworld

Nbr post: 6
Register: 3/13/03
Posted: 7/11/07, 3:05 PM

I don't like either the AA window nor the new item window. If it wasn't broken don't fix it. I do realize they were running out of room with the tabs though. However, all they needed to do was make yet another window that could have been opened. AA2 window perhaps.
Bedazzlerr

Nbr post: 4
Register: 7/14/03
Posted: 7/11/07, 6:04 PM

I like the new aa window as now i do not have to search thru multiple windows to find what I ma looking fo rand how many levels i can have. Ther other i can take or leave makes no difference to me.

Luldias Lullabyes
Premium User

Nbr post: 14
Register: 7/8/04
Posted: 7/13/07, 12:20 AM

I like the AA window, like others have stated, it makes it easier to do the levels of what you want to do without searching threw 10 tabs to do them, as far as the item window, i like it, it needs some tweaking still i feel tho, all these people saying that it takes up the whole window of eq are wierd or something, i use a custom ui and it was the same size as it was before the patch, same with when i use default ui, they are all good things that needed to be done, just little tweeks need to be done, just like all of everquest in general been that way since '99 when i started at least.

Shelearns

Nbr post: 143
Register: 1/16/06
Posted: 7/13/07, 7:14 AM

What resolution are you playing at. I play at 1024x768 and the item windows are huge in order to see all stats of items(depending on how many stats etc of the item).
Luldias Lullabyes
Premium User

Nbr post: 14
Register: 7/8/04
Posted: 7/13/07, 4:07 PM

ive tried it on mutliple res, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024 and they all seem to look fine, can even resize it to make it smaller if i needed to.

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11406
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 7/14/07, 6:47 AM

Hi guys, just a quick heads up to let you know that we are almost done with the 2 recent EQ patches and the new AA system. We should be able to patch next week introducing some good new features...

So, there's no point in changing Magelo item view until EQ itself gets sorted out.

Totally agree with that, for now, we will not touch the item tooltip

I do like the part of the item window to click off the augs and see the raw item, THAT is a good idea

LOL, i wonder where they got that idea.... Magelo do this since a long time ago whenever you click au augmented item on your profile.
Petrav

Nbr post: 3
Register: 10/25/01
Posted: 7/14/07, 11:52 PM

Thank you for the update (no pun intended) Jelan!
Aala

Nbr post: 63
Register: 12/11/01
Posted: 7/16/07, 8:52 AM

The Magelo way of showing augmented/unauged + augs is MUCH better than just the "unmodified" button, IMO - still, I guess it's a bit of a backhanded compliment from the SOE team that they took the idea even if they implemented it poorly.
Creac

Nbr post: 31
Register: 9/10/01
Posted: 7/16/07, 12:02 PM

Thanks, Jelan

Even though I get EQ Players free, I just can't use it. Useless for anything other than checking flags.

Love Magelo. Been with Magelo forever it seems. 1764
Tivia

Nbr post: 11
Register: 4/21/07
Posted: 7/16/07, 1:08 PM

Do not worry Creac, you are not the only one who finds EQ players supremely useless. My EQ players even when I did a trial subscription never once updated properly. Info on it is like 2 years out of date last I bothered to look, so I just quit. How the actual owner of the game managed to screw up something a third party program does better is beyond me.

Magelo > EQplayers
Shadara

Nbr post: 1
Register: 6/26/07
Posted: 7/17/07, 12:08 AM

Hi, how is the updating going?

Creac

Nbr post: 31
Register: 9/10/01
Posted: 7/17/07, 6:09 AM

Jelan posted on Saturday and said:

"We should be able to patch next week introducing some good new features... "

So I imagine that it's doing really well and in the next few days we will have the patch.
monk22monk

Nbr post: 4
Register: 1/19/03
Posted: 7/17/07, 11:40 AM

10 days and still no fix? Would rather not have it update aa at this point and just patch that when its fixed.
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 7/17/07, 1:09 PM

Yeah. Some updates are more complicated than others. Not to mention the fact that new and improved features will be included. It's not just a simple update this time.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
directxbear

Nbr post: 5
Register: 11/15/03
Posted: 7/17/07, 6:29 PM

Greetings,
I could have lived without the AA functionality for now too; I would be happy just to sync my characters and wait on the extra goodies, assuming that it is possible to work on them off-line. The problem now is that there is another 'tentative' patch scheduled for July 25th, so just about the time that we get back up and running, there will be more downtime.

Suggestion: Work on the harder stuff off-line whenever possible and keep the basic sync functionality up and running as frequently as possible. Kudos on a great product all the same, I really like the Magelo updater. I can check all of my banks and figure out what I need to finish quests without even having to log on. Nice job.

~Bear