Login / Sign up
> > > not to sound impatient

Messages in topic: not to sound impatient
BBDruid

Nbr post: 5
Register: 5/13/04
Posted: 7/19/07, 1:05 AM

but i kind of am...i need my magelo update to be able to apply to a guild and until then im kind of stalled. any idea when magelo will be up and running again? even if it's just gear/skills/bank etc?

i can only imagine what it takes to work on a complete SOE overhaul with the aa thing but some kind of update is all i am curious about.

is there any kind of character dump proggie that can at least dump the basics to a .txt file that anyone knows of?
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 7/19/07, 5:35 AM

Look in the New & Announcements section in the Patch to Everquest - AA Revamp thread for an update from Jelan.

Only Magelo Update can generate txt reports on your characters based on Magelo databases.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Bareldi

Nbr post: 46
Register: 11/19/02
Posted: 7/19/07, 9:59 AM

You asked for a dump of "the basics" to a text file.

I do not know of a way to dump your stats etc.

But the ingame command:

/outputfile inventory <optional file name>

will generate a text file listing all your items... everything you are wearing, including augs, plus your inventory and bank.

You could use this to help you do a manual update to magelo if you wish.

I find it very handy just for keeping track of where all the tradeskill stuff winds up across my various mules and traders and such... I keep these files in a separate folder and use a simple dos program to scan for things...

Or, if you are one of the lucky ones whose EQPLAYERS profile happens to be updated and approximately correct, perhaps you could get your prospective guild to look at that.

I certainly understand your desire for a working Magelo. We all hope it will be fixed soon. But please try to relax and accept that it will happen as soon as possible, and no sooner.

Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 7/20/07, 9:05 AM

Thanks, Bareldi. Excellent post.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.