Login / Sign up
> > > Website and Magelo Update have been patched

Messages in topic: Website and Magelo Update have been patched
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11389
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 7/22/07, 6:08 PM

Today, we patched both Magelo Update (4.0.0) and the website. The downtime was much longer than usual mainly because we had to cope with 2 EQ patched in a row, the new AA system and at the same time, we were working extensively on a major Magelo Update upgrade.

Be assured that such downtime is really rare and should not happen much in a year, mainly for new expansion release.

That's being said, let's talk about the new goodies.

Cool new features:

Magelo Update (4.0.0):

While most of the work on Magelo Update happened under the hood to accommodate multiple game characters, it still brings you a new nice feature: For any user, premium or not, it will sync automatically your character's identity card, guild status and rank status.

Moreover, for characters that are not yet registered under your Magelo account, it will let you register/bind it with one click !

For more information, check out the new [Magelo Update|magelo_update.jspa] page.

While this new feature is already nice for users, it will really shine for guilds to maintain an up to date roster and so on (Revamped guild tools will be released in our next update).

Theme able profiles:

When you manage your character, you can choose between 6 new different color schemes to custom further your profile to your liking and better match your background.

Find below 4 examples:

|

|

|
|

|

|

Have fun with those new color schemes !

New rank status icons:

We introduced a rank status icon to let you visualize clearly the rank state of your chararcters:

Your character is not ranked.

Your character could be ranked but you need to validate it with Magelo Update.

Your character is ranked

Patch note:

Magelo Update:

• Better starting time and overall better performance.
  • Identity cards are now synced for everyone.
  • New characters can be registered with your magelo account with 1 click.
  • Glyphed AAs are synced.
  • Added premium status and game slots status in the title bar.
  • You can now close Magelo Update from the systray.

Characters:

• AA system has been patched to match ingame one.
  • You can now remove yourself from a guild (Edit identity card)
  • New privacy setting option: the shared bank is now managed apart from the bank so you can hide the former while still having the latter visible.
  • Identity card now features a rank icon status.
  • You can now choose between multiple color schemes to custom even further your profile.
  • Corruption modifier has been added as well as combat skill modifiers.
  • PoT modifiers are now capped like they should be.

Profile:

• The item detail view has been slightly reworked to highlight the close button.
  • New AA Tooltip.
  • Glyphed AA are now handled automatically with Magelo Update, the total AA should match the ingame total AA, the AA section lets you see exactly how much glyphed/regular AA you got.
  • Skills correctly show their augmented values (from +% skill items) and the total modifier value is also displayed.
  • Modifiers section has been re organized with 3 tabs (General / Advanced / Skill dmg), hence features long awaited skill damage modifiers (ex: + Backstab dmg etc...)

Ranking:

• Tradeskill average only includes core tradeskills now.
  • Resists average exclude corruption.

Contents:

• Added a column in the zone detail view to let you know if a given npc has a loot table already.

Important info about the new AA system:

If you want to manually update your AAs, make sure to run Magelo Update to update the AA database asap otherwise you will not see all available AAs. For premium users, if you sync your character and your AAs looks wrong, try to save them manually and re sync, it should fix the issue.

What is coming soon next ?

The focus will be on our revamped guild tools, we will also work on those flags and keys, as well as the spell book. Manual handling of power sources will be introduced as well.

Cheers, your devoted Magelo team !
Leebae

Nbr post: 7
Register: 11/22/01
Posted: 7/23/07, 12:37 AM

Thanks for the update and I think it was worth the wait.
droodie

Nbr post: 5
Register: 9/30/02
Posted: 7/23/07, 6:02 AM

Thanks for the update. Looks cool. Now... I am probably blind and stuff, and will get spammed with RTFM and stuff (no worries, I am used to it) but I cannot sync my character. I patched the update program, and it starts up nicely and everything, but my character (yeah, I AM logged into the game) doesnt show up in the updater character list. I have used magelo updater for years, so I do know how to work it. A small bug perhaps? Or something else? A new feature that I am missing or some such? Please advice.
Creac

Nbr post: 31
Register: 9/10/01
Posted: 7/23/07, 6:21 AM

I have the same problem at the moment.

Win XP SP2 (32 bit)

Latest Java (and also the previous version).

Interestingly, the Magelo window doesn't update if you minimise and restore it.

I'll hold off calling it a bug or anything yet, though, since it's just been patched and the server is just back up so may be the attempted update spam or something.

If it's still an issue in 5-6 hours I'll post up full info as a bug report.
aaron.kerns

Nbr post: 2
Register: 12/19/06
Posted: 7/23/07, 7:21 AM

I too am having an issue with it displaying my toons to update them. Running XP sp 2 java 1.6.whatever. I start magelo first, then load eq it tells me that eq has recently been patched and i need to wait for a magelo updated patcher. Also posting this in bug forum.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/23/07, 7:37 AM

I am working on the everquest game module and therefore, for now, the module is not activated that's why you dont see your characters yet.

I should be able to fix the spotted issue quickly and I will let you know asap when the module is activated again.
Idril

Nbr post: 27
Register: 5/3/02
Posted: 7/23/07, 9:47 AM

Many thanks for the work

I also observed that my chars are all marked as "ranked" but only my main char is indeed ranked. Chars tagged as "secondary" are not listed. Working as intended ? or a feature

prepares some extra cups of coffee
Angelys

Nbr post: 4
Register: 8/26/02
Posted: 7/23/07, 10:17 AM

Problem with the website right now - a lot of the AAs are appearing twice. Combat Agility/Stability are in there twice, and all of the stat-raising ones are as well - one has 18 ranks, the other has 4.

Edit:
And now they're gone. Nice work

PROFILE INACTIVE
For my gaming news and updates, visit http://www.dajmin.com
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/23/07, 11:04 AM

Idril, this is weird, secondary characters should appear in the ranking just fine... I will check this out asap.

Thanks Angelys It was some AAs related to the shroud forms, they are filtered out now.

Still working on Magelo Update, i will keep you posted.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/23/07, 6:51 PM

Magelo Update has been updated (4.0.1) and it should work just fine now.
Peawee

Nbr post: 1
Register: 2/25/02
Posted: 7/23/07, 7:10 PM

Nice work, guys.

I just cancelled EQPlayers, and I am now subscribing to Magelo, since it seems like you guys actually give a damn about your subscribers, unlike EQPlayers. My characters had only 2-3 times updated correctly there, and it is supposed to be run by the people who make the game. Unbelievable!

I've been impressed with the new Magelo since the Beta, and I can't wait to give it a spin for real.

Peawee
Creac

Nbr post: 31
Register: 9/10/01
Posted: 7/23/07, 7:55 PM

Jelan,

Whether run from PC or from the Web link, 4.0.0 is not updating to 4.0.1 and so not resolving the issue at this time.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/23/07, 8:11 PM

Damn, when i released the 4.0.1 i forgot to update the version string so it shows 4.0.0 where it's actually the 4.0.1

I just tested with one character, it's working just fine for me. Can you tell me if you see the EQ icon in the bottom left of Magelo Update ?
Mestompa

Nbr post: 1
Register: 4/29/02
Posted: 7/23/07, 8:44 PM

I just tried to run magelo, launching it from both desktop and website and it still comes up as 4.0.0 and will not collect any characters - I did not see an EQ icon in the bottom left corner of the updater.
Belair

Nbr post: 9
Register: 12/24/02
Posted: 7/23/07, 8:50 PM

Mine reads 4.0.0 also and has no EQ icon in the bottom left either.