Login / Sign up
> > > Guild tag removed by Magelo without an update

Messages in topic: Guild tag removed by Magelo without an update
Kel

Nbr post: 20
Register: 11/28/01
Posted: 10/20/16, 4:39 AM

Without any update by me, my character's guild tag was removed on Magelo. The guild still exists in the site database, but somehow EVERY single member of our guild had our guild tags stripped at 11:59PM on Oct 18th. This happened, apparently, to ONLY our guild. We have not changed guild leaders or any other type of thing, and even he has no idea why this was done to our guild.

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11395
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 11/8/16, 12:39 PM

Hi Kel,

Some other users have reported similar issue.

I suspect that somehow Magelo has not read properly or completely the guild data by the time a sync is triggered and given that one account will update the whole guild roster, it explains what you are experiencing.

The good news is as you have probably discovery, it only takes a single sync to fix the situation. I will investigate the core issue asap.
Kel

Posted: 11/8/16, 3:23 PM

Jelan -
Without doing a sync, our guildtags reappeared on everything – except when I click on "My characters", it still says Unguilded on that specific page. The page that the link for my character brings up shows the guildtag, but the "My Characters" page is now the only place that still says Unguilded. This is a very strange bug, and I deliberately have not re-synced so that you can figure out what happened. Thanks for the hard work.

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 11/8/16, 7:37 PM

The thing is if anyone in your guild sync, it will update the guild and guild rank of all the characters in that guild, yours included.

However it's a bug that "My Character" section reports your character as unguilded. I will look into it today and report back.
Kel

Posted: 11/9/16, 1:57 AM

I presume that someone in Crimson Tempest sync'd after the widescale bug, and that fixed our guildtags. But, as I said, at this moment my characters say Unguilded on just the My Characters page. That is no big deal, but a remaining bug I thought you would want to fix. Thanks.

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 11/9/16, 2:26 AM

That specific issue is now fixed.
Kel

Posted: 11/9/16, 1:15 PM

Thanks!