Login / Sign up
> > > EverQuest patched

Messages in topic: EverQuest patched
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 11/9/07, 4:48 AM

EverQuest was patched again today. As a usual result, the Magelo Update program will not be available until the changes to the game have been implemented in the Update program. Depending on the changes made, expected Magelo Update downtime is anywhere between a few hours and a few days.

Apologies for the downtime in the mean time, please stay tuned for a News message indicating that the Updater has been patched.
Genadine

Nbr post: 75
Register: 10/11/01
Posted: 11/9/07, 8:58 AM

With SoF going live next week, save yourself the heartache and just wait for that and then sort it all out in a oner.

Regards

Genadinee

Narrian Sr.

Nbr post: 7
Register: 11/30/06
Posted: 11/10/07, 2:18 AM

i agree.
Pullzem

Nbr post: 17
Register: 5/17/03
Posted: 11/10/07, 3:44 PM

This was a very minor patch...all other services who must patch their software after an EQ patch had them up and ready the same day. I don't agree with holding off until the new expansion and then waiting another 2-3 weeks before being able to use a product we've all paid for. With 6 level 75's and 2 premium Magelo accounts, I'd like to update my characters now. And like I said, this was a very minor update...hardly any changes to Eqgame.exe.
Khalif

Nbr post: 4
Register: 11/6/07
Posted: 11/10/07, 7:35 PM

I don't even show up any more on the list. I really need to update mine
Gildana

Nbr post: 18
Register: 12/26/01
Posted: 11/10/07, 8:52 PM

It doesn't necessarily not work. He has to verify if any changes were made is all.
Ellyjoybell

Nbr post: 6
Register: 11/5/07
Posted: 11/10/07, 10:14 PM

I agree 100%...I for one piad for my account on this site and have yet to be able to update my char, because of the patch.

So if you going to wait to fix the MU, are we going to get a partial refund for the time we have not been about to use the site as we paid to use it.
Creac

Nbr post: 31
Register: 9/10/01
Posted: 11/11/07, 12:26 AM

You people who complain about a few days of downtime after a patch need to get a life. Really.
Thurendor

Nbr post: 3
Register: 9/17/07
Posted: 11/11/07, 12:24 PM

Why don't you send me some money Creac, if its no big deal to you....last I heard, if you buy a product and it doesn't work you have a right to complain. And this was a nothing-patch it should have been fixed and available the same day just like everyone else who had to make changes due to the patch. They've gotten lazy and slow here...It's a business if they're selling a service and if the service isn't performing as it should, then customers are fully in their right to complain so why don't you hold your tongue since it doesn't involve your doing.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11389
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 11/11/07, 3:50 PM

It's really funny any time i see some remarks on other products/softwares using the same method as ours and how quickly they patch compared to us...

The comparison is bogus guys because all these softwares/programs don't deal with a database/website which heavily depends of the items,spells etc... When they patch and a single offset/field is wrong, either the program itself crash or they can easily rollback the database. In our case, we have to check all the offsets and structures and it takes time.

Remember also that we are mostly working on business days (Monday to Friday), so if a patch happens by Friday afternoon or the WE, it's likely that we will tackle it next Monday.

That's being said, Magelo Update has been patched.
Creac

Nbr post: 31
Register: 9/10/01
Posted: 11/11/07, 4:05 PM

They are neither lazy, nor slow. With this update, they've introduced new features and everyone will have a chance to update their profiles before the expansion release. That's good timing and good service.

The product does work. The ONLY thing that wasn't functional for a couple of days was the auto-update. You could have manually updated and you could still view and manage your profile.

And I won't hold my tongue, because for 6 years I've had to put up with people carrying on like twits about nothing. Yes, I've been a member and a user for rather a long time. Profile number 1764. So when someone comes along with no history, no experience, and certainly no useful input, I'm going to say something.
Xilraazz

Nbr post: 10
Register: 10/10/01
Posted: 11/12/07, 6:53 PM

I'm with you creac. Magelo is VERY inexpensive. People complain about a couple days of downtime, and wanting a partial refund they are talking about a few cents. It cracks me up. SOE doesn't give refunds because servers crash and waste hours of time for hundreds of people. And yet EQ cost over TWELVE times as much as Magelo. To all the people who complain about a few days downtime, GET OVER YOURSELVES.