Login / Sign up
> > > Why isn't Sync updated?

Messages in topic: Why isn't Sync updated?
Latang

Nbr post: 4
Register: 12/5/08
Posted: 7/25/17, 8:33 PM

The only reason I bought a premium account again was to use magelo sync. Then I find out that it's not being updated anymore? How long does it usually take for an update?

WILL it be updated?
Kiillz
Premium User

Nbr post: 89
Register: 7/15/02
Posted: 7/25/17, 8:52 PM

seems its sort of whenever the mood strikes them my friend, wrote something here to report on a issue and got a reply TWO WEEKS later....so good luck in your quest my friend. I have learned to stop posting here really for no one is really listening, it gets done when it gets done it seems. Sorry my statement my hurt a feeling or two to the powers that be here, but it is what it is and I am not alone in my thoughts on this
Latang

Posted: 7/25/17, 9:33 PM

No hurt feelings necessary I would think, however a paypal chargeback is on the cards now. I'll give it a week. Simply put, I paid for a service that is no longer offered. My bad, I'm sure both paypal and magelo will understand and not be offended.
Jhenna

Nbr post: 11
Register: 2/6/02
Posted: 7/25/17, 11:42 PM

Jelan is pretty good about reimbursing time on active accounts when it takes a bit to update sync. It's summer time, he could be catching some rays somewhere nice with alcohol in hand
Latang

Posted: 7/26/17, 12:17 AM

If that's all it is, I'm cool with that and I can wait. However, a note from him in announcements saying "too drunk to code, will fix it when I can find my pc" would be awesome.
Kiillz
Premium User

Posted: 7/26/17, 7:30 AM

I hear ya Jhen but extra time for me dont always get it....people pay for a service they seek the service then....extra time dont always cut it when you cant use it for however long.... I mean might even feel better about things if the powers that be here remotely ADDRESSED peoples concerns at the time of the concern and not 2 - 3 weeks later persay. A reach out or how do you do goes a long way when things are not working or being worked on. Just my 2cp. I think there would be ALOT less griping if this was a life work of someone or pet project and not a paid service. Its not EQ Resource or alla donations are nice but not necessary and still getting to use them. Paid service here . Whole nother story. but cest la vie
Jhenna

Nbr post: 11
Register: 2/6/02
Posted: 7/26/17, 7:50 AM

Believe me I hear ya there. We finished our raid achievements this week and want to show off our shiny new Nathsar Diamonds! Update to sync plz!
Kiillz
Premium User

Posted: 7/26/17, 8:54 AM

CONGRATS on the diamond btw! thats some hard work to get a few in that line . Guardian was a pita.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11385
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 7/26/17, 12:06 PM

Jelan is pretty good about reimbursing time on active accounts when it takes a bit to update sync. It's summer time, he could be catching some rays somewhere nice with alcohol in hand

Not so far from the truth, we are currently visiting our relatives in France with my wife and my daughter. I should had probably post something to manage everyone expectation that delays might occur as a result, sorry about that.

Magelo Sync has been synced and 5 days have been granted.
Latang

Posted: 7/26/17, 8:17 PM

Thanks a bunch, Jelan. Enjoy France