Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo Update patched

Messages in topic: Magelo Update patched
TobermoryTo

Nbr post: 43
Register: 1/3/03
Posted: 11/25/07, 12:34 PM

This is more like releasing something that works in part, rather than releasing something that is "broken".. I do prefer it done this way, as we get almost full functionality (sync equipment, and item collection) sooner than we should if we were to have to waif for a more complete update..
Pullzem

Nbr post: 17
Register: 5/17/03
Posted: 11/25/07, 1:08 PM

But....this was released as a "working" patch fix...not as a partial fix. The workability would have shown up immediately if they tested it...which it appears they didn't since most everything that isn't working is 100% broken. I have 2 premium accounts with 3 EQ accts on each and not one of my primary chars on any acct gets a checkbox upon leaving EQ...that's what I mean about it appearing to not having been tested at all.
moklianne

Nbr post: 127
Register: 8/25/02
Posted: 11/25/07, 2:18 PM

I just hope the database doesn't have issues now, since it looks like it wasn't tested on lvl 76+ characters.

Moklianne -Magelo
Lias

Nbr post: 247
Register: 10/13/02
Posted: 11/25/07, 2:20 PM

> Try to let Magelo Update running in the background if you happen to
> own the new expansion as it will help to gather drop information quicker.

That alone is reason enough for me to be pleased with what we already have. Thus, drop information for new quest items is already beginning to populate the database.

Like others are reporting, I also am able to synch all my alts with no problems (five of them so far, all below level 75) and do not get a checkbox in MU for Lias, my level 80 main. Get the grey icon and 'status unknown" message.

curdardh
Premium User

Nbr post: 57
Register: 10/2/01
Posted: 11/25/07, 3:32 PM

Clicking synchronize makes the check box show up for me. But still showing level 75 on the web.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/15732

Aala

Nbr post: 63
Register: 12/11/01
Posted: 11/26/07, 6:01 AM

I agree that a partial release is better than a long period without any releases.

A schedule of what's on the priority list to be fixed would be nice, however.
Aithne

Nbr post: 36
Register: 10/23/01
Posted: 11/26/07, 7:05 AM

Jelan posted:
"At this point, we don't handle yet new AAs effects or the heroic items."

He didnt mention that the new levels and new item graphics wont work yet.
This is not a complaint, but if it is meant to be a partial upgrade, it would be best to announce it as one and not let people search for bugs that are maybe already known and taken care of.

Katran <Magna Charta>
Bristlebroke aeh bane
Narrian Sr.

Nbr post: 7
Register: 11/30/06
Posted: 11/26/07, 9:58 AM

i cant even update my magelo i run the updater and it comes up but none of my character show up this has been going on since the it was "Supposedly updated" on the 23.
curdardh
Premium User

Nbr post: 57
Register: 10/2/01
Posted: 11/26/07, 3:31 PM

Did you try launching magelo update from the web site instead of the shortcut?

Lanamilia

Nbr post: 32
Register: 6/26/03
Posted: 11/26/07, 4:45 PM

I get: An error occured when synchronizing the charcters: null

...after reload magelo it works.

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11401
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 11/26/07, 11:57 PM

Yep, i should had fixed issues regarding Magelo Update, if you sync, it should update everything properly and you should be able to select any of your characters.

As far as QA and testing, we tested it before launching it of course and it just worked. We did not spot the level issue at front because we did not try with a level 75+ character, that's all.

Anyway, things should works fine now, keep me posted if you still have issues, thanks !
isfandior

Nbr post: 14
Register: 8/16/07
Posted: 11/27/07, 1:34 AM

lvls and aa's show up properly but i dont believe they're displaying correctly just yet; IE: general sturdiness. magelo shows exactly 500 less hp than in game. but it's much better than it was earlier.

Daybringer Tadden Mc`Fly of the Dragonkin <Crimson Tempest>
Blade Dancer Ambiiguous Design <Crimson Tempest>
Zinnigan

Nbr post: 9
Register: 2/7/04
Posted: 11/27/07, 2:22 AM

Same thing here, just a small discrepancy in hps/end but looks like everything else is showing correct.

Aithne

Nbr post: 36
Register: 10/23/01
Posted: 11/27/07, 4:58 AM

Hi,

level isnt only an issue with the updater, it cant be set manually either.
Sounds like it has been completely forgotten

Katran <Magna Charta>
Bristlebroke aeh bane
Poguk

Nbr post: 9
Register: 7/15/02
Posted: 11/27/07, 10:25 AM

New AAs that affect hitpoints (like General Sturdiness and Planar Durability) do not appear to be taken into account. I'm at 14k+ hps in-game unbuffed, but magelo only shows ~13.5k for my monk, seems to be missing the 500 or so hitpoints for the ranks in those abilities that I bought. Otherwise, looks okay.

Profile: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/545860