Login / Sign up
> > > Not sending loot data

Messages in topic: Not sending loot data
Eleena

Nbr post: 36
Register: 10/23/01
Posted: 7/14/19, 12:15 AM

Can't seem to get the Sync to record loot. I'm on Selo, if that matters. Sync detects my character, syncs my AA and skills, and correctly shows my target so I know it is pulling data just fine. The log file just shows stuff like:

[2019-07-13 23:49:13] Detected game objects by GameMonitor (EverQuest 2.7.7) : 782
[2019-07-13 23:49:13] New detected game objects : 0
[2019-07-13 23:49:13] Sending observations
[2019-07-13 23:49:14] Atlane has been synced successfully!

I spent hours in Umbral Plains looking for a rare drop, killed over 100 Fyr Jen, yet the drop rate on the blood remained unchanged.

Any suggestions?

Kaliaila

Nbr post: 66
Register: 12/23/02
Posted: 7/24/19, 2:41 PM

I think this has been along running issue for several years now. I am actually hoping that with the changes to the Loot Messages in the Log file that they will make some changes and instead get loot from there rather than from the memory locations that they have been. Or at least some combination of it.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11385
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 8/22/19, 2:02 AM

Can you tell me more about your loot settings ? Are you using the advanced loot ? Are you using the auto loot feature ?

I am guessing you are using the advanced loot system and auto loot is enabled, correct ?
Kaliaila

Nbr post: 66
Register: 12/23/02
Posted: 8/24/19, 5:09 AM

I do these days, but I had issues with looting updates being added before Advanced Looting was a thing. That said, on the July 17, 2019 update they introduced a change that might get around your issue with Advanced Looting.

UI

Added a Loot Messages chat filter. This filter contains messages related to advanced loot settings, items looted by players, and looting / splitting coin.
  • Added corpse names to loot messages.

The format used is:
--You have looted a(n) <item link> from <mob name> corpse.--

Eleena

Posted: 8/24/19, 10:12 AM

Yeah, using the advanced loot and I wasn't the group leader. But it didn't matter if the loot window opened or if all the loot was auto-rolled, none of the kills were counted.

drool
Premium User

Nbr post: 93
Register: 7/3/14
Posted: 8/30/19, 10:31 AM

THis thread also tallks about this: https://eq.magelo.com/forum/messages.jspa?topic=32628

Any mechanism, old loot , advanced, whatever that worked would be great. I'd use that setting just to collect data for the site.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 1/1/20, 7:18 AM

Hi guys,

I am happy to report that I finally fixed this. The old loot window detection is working again and we now reliably grab loots with the advanced loot system as well no matter your settings so auto loot with no window showing works as well it's not entirely bullet proof but it works 95% of the cases.
Foundation

Nbr post: 4
Register: 1/17/19
Posted: 1/1/20, 8:52 PM

Really glad this is going again (it is working for me, with one caveat).

This may or may not be something you can take into account (and if it did this before, I have no idea, but it is not doing it now). It may also be this is the non-working small percentage you alluded to in your post.

When killing mobs in the new expansion, about 1/3 to 1/2 of them drop nothing at all. Just a minor nitpick, but these kills aren't counted in the percentage drop rates for each mob/item. For example, I have killed 19 "a wandering icepaw" at the time of this post since I turned magelo updater on this evening, but the only mobs that count for drop percentage are those that dropped at least one thing (10 of the 19).

It is certainly not a deal-breaker if change is not possible (or deemed undesirable for whatever reason), but I thought I would point this out on the off-chance you missed this possibility when re-working the functionality.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 1/2/20, 3:09 AM

Ya this is a known caveat with the advanced loot system, it's impossible to observe empty loot events using the loot system alone. Trying to hook into the chat / combat log to detect kills and correlate that with the presence or not of loots could probably be one way to address this. I might be able to just detect new corpse and see if there is a way to know they belongs to you which could be another way to detect your kills.

Both ways are tricky and I am not sure how reliable they would be. For now, I think linking items to npcs is more important than getting an accurate drop rate. I would love the later but I am not sure it's really possible.

I will play around with the second idea which would be simpler to implement and will report back.

Eleena

Posted: 1/4/20, 9:57 PM

Is there anything I need to do to turn this on? Killed Slitherer in Silyssar 7 times today, none of that has been reflected on it's loot (which shows only 3 loots ever).

Checked log:

[2020-01-04 22:04:44] Sending observations
[2020-01-04 22:06:58] Active loot window detected for corpse: Slitherer
[2020-01-04 22:06:58] Loot: Shed Shissar Skin Mantle x1
[2020-01-04 22:06:59] null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at magelo.Qer.Ql(Qer.java:534)
at magelo.Qer.i(Qer.java:512)
at magelo.g5.a(g5.java:10)
at magelo.g5.run(g5.java:21)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Eleena

Posted: 1/5/20, 12:21 AM

Not sure what was up with the pointer error, but a restart of magelo fixed that.

From what I can tell the only updates sent are when you personally win a roll off the adv loot. This is fine solo, but if you are in a group it doesn't track other players wins. It also doesn't track loot awarded to you or left on corpse. For example when I killed Slitherer the group awarded me the shoulders so it wasn't counted. When it dropped the aug, another looted it, so it wasn't counted. One the remaining kill the shoulders rotted, so it wasn't counted.

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 1/5/20, 8:57 AM

Just Updated Magelo Sync again with a fix for the standard loot window and a system to detect empty loot with the advanced loot system. I end up timing the decay of corpses given the ones with no loot decay after 30s or so.

It's not bulletproof but it should hopefully works fine.

Eleena, just restart Magelo Sync and it should work. You can check the log to see what Magelo Sync detects and you will need to sync your character to force the client to flush its data to the database if you want to see it updated.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 1/5/20, 9:08 AM

if you are in a group it doesn't track other players wins. It also doesn't track loot awarded to you or left on corpse.

Hmm, I seemed to notice something like that as well with items left on corpse... As for groups, I guess I am missing the shared loot at the moment, I will fix this shortly.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 1/5/20, 11:10 AM

Shared loot is now properly handled, I will see what I can do for filtered items that are left on corpses.