Login / Sign up
> > > Tab to display what drops an item is missing.

Messages in topic: Tab to display what drops an item is missing.
Metanis
Premium User

Nbr post: 13
Register: 6/6/03
Posted: 11/23/19, 8:44 AM

I've noticed this for a few weeks that you can no longer see the tab for the list of mobs that drops an item. I assumed you changed it so that it was hidden from non-Premium members. So I purchased a Premium subscription today and that tab is still not appearing. That is the only reason I signed up so I'd like to get it back.
Foundation

Nbr post: 4
Register: 1/17/19
Posted: 11/23/19, 7:32 PM

It works fine for me and I haven't been premium in probably 10 years or so. Are you looking at a relatively new item? If you try an old item you should see what you're expecting; those items that came into existence since advanced loot became a thing are far less likely to appear with mob drop data.
Metanis
Premium User

Posted: 11/23/19, 7:39 PM

That may be it. I tried an old item and the tab shows correctly. I can see how advanced loot will break the link between loot and mob so that the item collector can't function.
Metanis
Premium User

Posted: 11/23/19, 10:18 PM

Although....

... even the newer items show recent database updates. They could at least show us what zone they dropped in. It would be helpful to narrow it down that much.
Metanis
Premium User

Posted: 11/24/19, 12:02 PM

Trying to find the various Type 18 and 19 Auggies. Even a zone listing would be helpful if AdvLoot makes it impossible to determine the exact mobs that drop them...
Foundation

Nbr post: 4
Register: 1/17/19
Posted: 11/24/19, 2:04 PM

There have been changes (some for fixes, others planned) since TBL's release regarding these augments. For example, if you look through the patch notes over the year since TBL came out you will see some various increases to drop rates/locations of these augments. Additionally, if you review Ngreth's posts on this topic, you will see that he always intended to increase drop rates about six months into the expansion.

Generally speaking, when TBL first released, you could get the type 18s from any named mob in any TBL zone. As time went by, the type 18 augments became more common and also became uncommon/rare drops from trash mobs in all TBL zones; the named mobs still drop them with more regularity.

GMM named drop the type 18 augments very commonly (about 3 out of 4 named have at least one in my experience, with two dropping on one kill being a fairly regular occurrence). The trash mobs also drop the type 18 augments.

I'm not sure if you were asking it or not, but no one augment is specific to any one npc/mob type. It is all random.

The type 19 augments drop from trash in raid instances in TBL, but I don't raid so I can't speak to any expected drop rates personally. I have killed some trash in some TBL raids to get some of the type 22 augment (Fate's Accumulator), and that for me has been about a 1-to-100 drop rate (and I haven't seen any type 19 augments).