Login / Sign up
> > > Can you get more than 8 character slots?

Messages in topic: Can you get more than 8 character slots?
theoldpaladin

Nbr post: 11
Register: 3/1/20
Posted: 3/29/20, 6:44 AM

I am sure I am missing something, but is there a way to get more than eight character slots that can be synced? The only option I see is to renew my current subscription, but I don't see where I can add more.
BrotherLamp

Nbr post: 5
Register: 10/23/01
Posted: 3/29/20, 10:06 AM

I haven't found it either.

the renew option just adds extra time on your account - i tried it after reading a post from some years ago where a poster had 13 slots.

Got an open ticket on it, no answers yet.
Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1635
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 3/29/20, 12:06 PM

Really good question. I know you can free the game slots to sync new accounts, but that's really only useful if you are no longer using the old account.

Go to 'My account' on the left, then 'Free your game slots' on the right.
or, https://eq.magelo.com/free_game_slots.jspa

For those who actively run or sync more than 8 (of which I've only passively played 7 accounts before) Jelan will need to answer if there is a better method.

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/29/20, 8:54 PM

The limit is 8 game accounts, there is no limit with how many characters you can sync with them. You can reset your game account slots in a given subscription and otherwise you can simply ask me.
theoldpaladin

Nbr post: 11
Register: 3/1/20
Posted: 3/30/20, 5:13 AM

Ah, I understand now. I have 9 accounts (but all except one only have one playable character, so that's where I was confused at first) so now I have to decide which one to be the odd one out. Thank you for your response.
BrotherLamp

Nbr post: 5
Register: 10/23/01
Posted: 3/30/20, 7:50 AM

That's my case also (9 accounts) but multiple playable characters on most accounts.

it's saved me a few times using the inventory lookup across all characters to find where i left that tradeskill item - now with overseer even more items on all characters!

I think i've found the solution that works for me:
1) disable automatic sync (picks up the 9th account even if the characters are unchecked)
2) check all characters except ones on 9th account
3) manually click the sync button
4) remember to move all tradeskill items from characters on 9th account

Thanks for the confirmation!