Login / Sign up
> > > Increase eight account limit.

Messages in topic: Increase eight account limit.
theoldpaladin

Nbr post: 11
Register: 3/1/20
Posted: 3/31/20, 2:22 PM

Is there an inherent technical limitation to having eight game accounts for premium members? Or just concern about sharing abuse among different real life people?

I ask because I regularly six box and have 9 accounts I run. I would gladly pay more to allow more accounts. The inventory search is so incredibly, amazingly useful, but I am left wondering what I might have on the 9th account.

It's surely not a huge deal but I'd love to give more money for this feature
Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1637
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 4/3/20, 9:16 PM

While I don't have that many accounts, I am upvoting my support.

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11384
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 5/4/20, 4:08 AM

It definitely takes more resources for each character you sync but ultimately that limit was put in place to deal with the ever growing number of people sharing their account.

The initial cap (3 and 8) were designed at a time where the game was still requiring a subscription per game account. I can see how nowadays, in some valid cases, it could be a tiny bit not enough like in your case, unfortunately we do have to draw the line somewhere.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 6/10/20, 6:02 AM

Done, we have bumped the extra slots from 5 to 7
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 6/14/20, 9:31 PM

What, no feedback on this ? Tsss ungrateful people these days
Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1637
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 6/15/20, 5:20 PM

I actually really like the changes.

======

Posted: 6/10/20 6:02 AM
Support for the 2 new progression servers Aradune / Rizlona has been added.

We also have pushed some changes regarding our freemium offer.
It is something we did not touch in like forever and yet with the game going F2P years ago and the more recent addition of progression servers bounded to a subscription, we had to re adjust our offering to better balance what we essentially give for free and what we bundle in our premium offer.

So we are introducing 2 changes in that direction:
Syncing characters on progression servers now require a Magelo premium subscription.
Free account are now limited to 1 game slot.
For our premium users, we also have bumped the limit of the extra game slots from 5 to 7 in order to hopefully accommodate all needs.

======

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001
theoldpaladin

Nbr post: 11
Register: 3/1/20
Posted: 6/22/20, 12:16 AM

I don't get messages for forum posts and often only look when I have a question or concern.

That said, the increase from 5 to 7 (and 8 to 10) is really wonderful for me. I'm able to sync all my accounts now. Thanks!
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 6/22/20, 2:01 AM

Great to hear
timone1221

Nbr post: 1
Register: 8/4/11
Posted: 6/29/20, 7:20 PM

The account sharing should be blocked by using an IP Restriction. In addition, the character limit should be able to detect if the user is a Gold member and allow 8+ again. I will not be renewing my subscription after it wears off in August. The limits are screwing boxers over that regularly play more than 6 characters.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 6/29/20, 8:34 PM

Using IPs would be such a headache. People play from different locations, uses VPN and virtualization, it would be impossible to distinguish between genuine cases and people trying to game the system.