Login / Sign up
> > > Re-add Non authentic magelo's to rankings.

Messages in topic: Re-add Non authentic magelo's to rankings.
Thalaan

Nbr post: 24
Register: 2/6/02
Posted: 7/8/20, 1:44 AM

Were these removed recently? Even the button to display them is gone.

-
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11387
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 7/9/20, 5:57 AM

Hi Thalaan,

Yes this was changed recently and goes along with the other changes we did. Essentially we are now ranking authentic profiles only which indeed mean you ultimately need to be premium to be ranked.
flugen515
Premium User

Nbr post: 7
Register: 12/14/02
Posted: 7/10/20, 12:02 AM

Was seriously considering reupping my premium until seeing this and the limitation on game slots implemented recently.

What other changes were done recently? What other changes are aimed at the free services beanbags?
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/10/20, 12:04 AM

Hi flugen515,

You can see all the changes in that news:
> https://eq.magelo.com/forum/messages.jspa?topic=33303
netmouse

Nbr post: 4
Register: 12/19/08
Posted: 7/18/20, 11:04 AM

Really a pity they changed that.
Ranking was the only reason for me to keep my profile up to date.
I guess this means bye bye Magelo.

Sanae.
Disil

Nbr post: 2
Register: 9/11/17
Posted: 7/20/20, 5:34 PM

Updated the Magelo Sync today just to find out I can't even sync profiles I've been using for years now on Ragefire. AND I find out that non-premium profiles won't display anymore in rankings. Y'all literally changed the feature just to remove people, which makes some servers seem even more devoid of players.

I liked having a place to put in the time to display my gear in case anyone on the server was curious about me or my guild.

It's not worth the effort to pay for features we already had. Good game; no sub.
Fenthen
Advisor

Nbr post: 1637
Register: 8/31/01
Posted: 7/20/20, 6:21 PM

You still have the ability to manually update the equipment. I believe Jelan changed the model to be more in-line with how EverQuest currently operates in its pay structure.

Magelo profile #725 - Born July 1 1999, Magelo on August 31 2001
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/20/20, 11:11 PM

I think he got hit the Magelo Sync bug introduced yesterday that has been patched now.

Disil, please restart Magelo Sync and you should be able to sync both your characters just fine and you can manually edit their equipment as before.
Disil

Nbr post: 2
Register: 9/11/17
Posted: 7/21/20, 10:06 AM

Already restarted several times. I end up getting an error about not being able to sync progression characters without a premium account, which is consistent with the news post from June 10th. Live characters sync without an issue so it's not a bug.

If I could update my character level manually I'd do that instead. But since I can't, equipment editing won't let me update with any gear that's over the character's displayed level.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 7/21/20, 10:36 AM

Ha yes sorry I missed the point that you are actually playing on a progression server.
Abbydog

Nbr post: 1
Register: 2/26/19
Posted: 4/3/21, 10:19 PM

I gotta say, I used to be premium, but the pandemic caused a little tightening of the belt. Finding out that only premium members are ranked makes me not want to resubscribe in the future. Even were I premium again I wouldnt want to compare my character only to other premium member, I would want to compare it to every character in the database. Seriously flawed concept here. Its a shame.