Login / Sign up
> > > I'm not sure I'm doing this right

Messages in topic: I'm not sure I'm doing this right
RobRed1986

Nbr post: 4
Register: 6/15/20
Posted: 5/10/21, 3:52 PM

Ok, here it is in a nutshell.
I'm not paying for Magelo so I have what ever basic program there is. The program is running in the background, bottom right of my screen. It shows me being logged in. I head to Magelos site, look up Zone Whatever and mob Whatever. It says that mob drops a Shiny Club 100 times out of 200.
I go to Zone Whatever, I kill mob Whatever, it drops a Shiny Club.
I head over to the Magelo site, refresh the page. The information did not change. It still says 100 times out of 200. I checked later in the day, it says 100 times out of 200.
So, what am I missing. Is it just not doing anything? Does it take a long time to update it? If I am and Magelo are not getting any benefit from me running it in the background, please let me know.
I think I'm helping Magelo by keeping the databases up to date but if it is just a waste of time for me then please let me know.
Thank you in advance.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11385
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 5/30/21, 9:59 PM

Hi RobRed1986,

I checked this and it actually works just fine. The thing is observations such as npc loot are batched and send to the server every 30mn or so, unless you sync your character or close Magelo Sync. So if you want to force the update, simply sync your character.

Also it's important to check if Magelo Sync actually detected the loot, to do so you can have a look at its log and it will print every time a given loot is detected.
RobRed1986

Nbr post: 4
Register: 6/15/20
Posted: 6/4/21, 3:20 PM

Hello, and thank you so much for the helpful response.
I went back and tried it again, and you are right, it is working properly for me. I checked the log and it is updating properly, thanks.
My other problem now is something I believe has been addressed before. I like to use multiple accounts and I use WinEQ2. I don't believe the 2 programs work well together.
So, I get the free Magelo sync only works with one account, and I'm fine with that. My problem is I can't seem to choose which account Magelo sync works with. I keep getting the multiple accounts warning as it detects all the other accounts. I just need a way for Magelo to be locked on only one account and not detect the others. I don't know if this is possible with WinEQ2.
So, in the mean time, I guess all I can do is only use Magelo Sync when I'm logging in one account, unless there is some option somewhere for me to change and have Magelo Sync choose a specific account.
Thank you in advance, again.