Login / Sign up
> > > How to add dots on mob maps

Messages in topic: How to add dots on mob maps
drool
Premium User

Nbr post: 93
Register: 7/3/14
Posted: 3/1/22, 9:26 AM

If I understand correctly, the dots on the map represent sightings. How does one add sightings when using magelo sync? I go to a spot, con the mob and sync. No impact. Should it? I've never looked at this before.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11384
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/5/22, 9:02 PM

The current geoloc system on EQ works with a zone election by the server. So basically the server goes over all the zone one by one and only accept geoloc info from clients if you are in the elected zone at the time.

If you are in the elected zone, you have nothing to do, all the mobs that are detected by magelo sync will be reported automatically.

This is obviously sub optimal at the moment, we had to put a system like this is place at the time because the system was flooded with geoloc data and we were, still are dealing with them in realtime.

When we designed the geoloc on Rift, we switched our approach so that we save reports, we consolidate them and only deal with them from time to time so we could accept all of them, there was no need to elect / select a given zone. But that system was never back ported to EQ.
drool
Premium User

Posted: 3/6/22, 8:51 AM

if true, why are no new spots showing up then? In the example I mentioned it was a stationary mob and magelo has no dot for it on the map.

Perhaps not working, or maybe I am missing something.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11384
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/6/22, 10:24 AM

Because at the time you were in that zone, it was not the elected zone.
drool
Premium User

Posted: 3/6/22, 2:30 PM

I see, Ty!!