Login / Sign up
> > > Database related section tabs are premium only now

Messages in topic: Database related section tabs are premium only now
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 5/6/23, 11:33 PM

As many of you discovered over the WE, the related section / tab area of the database such as "Dropped by" and "Created by" is now restricted to premium users only.

This move was not done lightly but with the user base shrinking over time and after more than 22 years, I needed to reduce the surface area of what is offered for free so that the little time I have to give to Magelo these days can contribute back a little. I believe this will help create a better service and a more virtuous cycle which is essential to make sure Magelo can stay alive and continue to be updated and improved.

For all non premium users, if you value the service that Magelo has provided you all those years, I hope you will consider subscribing.

Thanks everyone for your understanding.
Kaliaila

Nbr post: 66
Register: 12/23/02
Posted: 5/7/23, 12:57 PM

Maybe if you actually fixed issues in a timely manner. The Database still does not update with information from most users, and this has been an issue for years before the advanced loot was added, and the only real useful feature in the database is the drop rate of items for specific mobs, but since the database is not constantly updated, that information is not up-to-date or really reliable.

There are numerous other bugs that have been pointed out, but never fixed or marked as fixed but they function the same way. Other bugs instead of being fixed are resolved by you manually correcting whatever is wrong rather than finding what caused the mistake to occur in the first place.

Another reason why people likely are no longer subscribed is because your system itself does not renew their subscriptions. The vast majority of people use PayPal for their subscriptions, but your subscriptions never renew with PayPal. They think that they renewed because they specifically request for it to be recurring, but it doesn't renew.

The service you have offered for all these years is appreciated. However, this change will not do anything that you claim. You have made similar promises in the past with every increase of the price, but never delivered on them. I point again to the fact that the sync does not update the database even when the person has everything selected correctly.
araik

Nbr post: 2
Register: 11/23/22
Posted: 5/7/23, 4:08 PM

Database become available only for premium => no reason to use for non-premium => most users will stop using Magelo Sync => "Drop by" Database will get less actual information => no one want to pay for non-actual information.
Raki

Nbr post: 9
Register: 9/1/01
Posted: 5/7/23, 6:17 PM

I agree with Araik. I was trying to run sync to gather RLS information for everyone. No one I know pays for that information. So I uninstalled sync.
Eleena

Nbr post: 36
Register: 10/23/01
Posted: 5/7/23, 6:42 PM

Over the years I've given plenty of feedback and bugs, none of which have been acted on. The collector has never worked for me either.

Now the website is even less useful as I build RaspersRealm, which I made ALL of my links point here (mobs, items, spells, achievements...). Really sad to see

Tennis
Premium User

Nbr post: 3
Register: 6/9/13
Posted: 5/10/23, 5:51 PM

I also use Magelo in my Raid Builder DKP website. I also love playing this game and find the dropped info invaluable. I bought a year subscription but I can no longer see the little blue dots of where the mobs spawn when hovering over the zone.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 5/11/23, 2:13 AM

Hi Tennis, thanks a lot for your support, can you please open a new topic in the bug forum with a link to a page where you have the issue. The recent changes should not have affected anything regarding NPC geoloc aka blue dots. Thanks !
Tennis
Premium User

Nbr post: 3
Register: 6/9/13
Posted: 5/14/23, 2:31 AM

I filed the bug report and posted a link to the image.
Tilluan AB
Premium User

Nbr post: 49
Register: 8/20/03
Posted: 5/19/23, 4:36 AM

i just renewed my premium right now as returning to EQ thanks for your great service

Jelan
Admin

Posted: 5/19/23, 9:57 PM

Thanks for your support !
Raki

Posted: 7/1/23, 1:23 PM

Ready to convert back yet? Give your community submitted information back to the community?
Kaliaila

Nbr post: 66
Register: 12/23/02
Posted: 7/23/23, 3:14 PM

They stopped caring about anything but $ a decade or more ago. The database sync has never worked for the majority of the community, and they have never made any effort to fix that. They discourage people from using the site and expect people to pay for what they can find on a multitude of other sites with more general information for free. The regularly act like they are going to be adding features and but there are countless items that have been in the planned or in progress stages for several years. I thought it was bad when they raised their prices while EQ Players existed and gave more exact and specific data.

As others have stated, locking the basic database information like drops and drop rate behind a paywall is only going to drive more people away completely rather than get the people who don't have a subscription to subscribe.
Raki

Posted: 7/28/23, 11:43 PM

Came back to see if there was a change of heart. Guess not. GG using people.