Login / Sign up
> > > cant login to magelo sync and cant change password

Messages in topic: cant login to magelo sync and cant change password
svann
Premium User

Nbr post: 33
Register: 10/10/14
Posted: 2/9/24, 12:01 AM

Up till today magelo sync automatically logged in but today it brings up the window to enter username/pw and clicking login appears to not do anything. If I click forgot my password it goes to a browser page that says "Whoops ! You shouldn't be able to access this page. ".
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11396
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 2/9/24, 9:52 AM

Hi svann,

Do you still have the issue ? I can't seem to be able to reproduce it on my end...
svann
Premium User

Posted: 2/9/24, 11:50 AM

Yes I still have the problem. It worked yesterday earlier, then stopped later on in the evening. The full text of the page I reach if I click change password says:

Whoops ! You shouldn't be able to access this page.

If it is an error try to reload this page from the left menu.

If the problem keeps happening, go to the forums to get some help.

Should I try uninstalling then reinstalling?
svann
Premium User

Posted: 2/9/24, 5:36 PM

BTW, my notes have 2 different passwords for magelo. Is it that there is one for the website and one for the app? Either way neither works for the app.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 2/9/24, 9:41 PM

There is only a single account, you use the same to access the website or to log into Magelo Sync.
The issue with the error message is that you are trying to go to a page (reset password) which is meant to be accessed only when you are not logged in and right now you are on the website..

So you should log out on the website and try to log back in. If that works, the same username / password you just used should work as well in Magelo Sync.

If you cant log back in, then reset your password using the link which should work now that you have logged off.
svann
Premium User

Posted: 2/10/24, 7:18 AM

Ok I changed my password. The username/pw works on the website, but in the app nothing happens.
svann
Premium User

Posted: 2/10/24, 11:01 AM

Tried uninstalling, then download and reinstall. Still wont login. Even tried run as administrator.
svann
Premium User

Posted: 2/10/24, 5:06 PM

Would it help to send you the magelo.log created when I try to run the app, or copy paste a portion?
svann
Premium User

Posted: 2/10/24, 5:24 PM

FIXED
I needed to uninstall java and reinstall the updated version.

FYI if this might help anyone, the new version is Java 8 update 401 and Java 8 update 401 (64-bit). One install installed both this time.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 2/11/24, 8:32 AM

You should only need the 64bit version and I am not exactly sure what happened and how re installing the JRE actually fixed your issue but I am glad to somehow it did