Login / Sign up
> > > December 15 Patch - Adding SoF item attributes next week....

Messages in topic: December 15 Patch - Adding SoF item attributes next week....
Pandemic

Nbr post: 7
Register: 3/6/02
Posted: 1/2/08, 8:23 PM

"We just patched the website to support new SoF features such as Heroic Items and the new alternate abilities but the ones which impact some skill caps (lockpick for bard and triple attack).

We still need to add the new SoF item attributes like Clairvoyance, which is scheduled for next week.

On the behalf of the magelo team, i wish you a good week end."

Two weeks + later...

Any word when this is actually happening?
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 1/2/08, 8:53 PM

Sometimes development, testing and debugging take longer than expected, especially when some new, mysterious curve ball is thrown our way. The developers want to get it right before it's released.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Zaidoc

Nbr post: 161
Register: 8/18/02
Posted: 1/3/08, 8:33 AM

Onetree, I think we all understand that. All most of us have ever asked for is an update. Is it so hard to say "we have implemented yyyy, but we are still working on the other features, please be patient"? And a new estimate of when we can expect it?

Magelo is great and gets better, but poor communication can damage even a great product.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

Zaidoc ImagoDei
Order of the Silent Fist
Retired
Onetree
Advisor

Posted: 1/3/08, 9:19 AM

Understood, but that information can only be provided by an Admin – someone with their hands on or near the code. From experience I can tell you that any developer working on a problem so complex it takes weeks or months to solve is exercising considerable concentration. The more you concentrate the more mental threads you can maintain and weave, the quicker the final solution is crafted. Unfortunately for others, communication becomes sporadic. Mentally, summaries and countless details mix like oil and water.

I can assure you the features are being worked on.

Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Pandemic

Nbr post: 7
Register: 3/6/02
Posted: 1/3/08, 7:14 PM

I have no problem with waiting whatsoever.

My frustration was that the thread is locked and the timeline is passed. I would just like a, "hey we haven't forgotten about you, here's where things stand and the new timeline we're hoping to hit."

That's all~
Onetree
Advisor

Posted: 1/5/08, 4:36 AM

I hear ya. But in most cases, no news is good news. It's when they say they've embarked on some other development project that you know resources have been redirected away from support of the feature you're interested in. But that isn't the case with SoF item attributes (to my knowledge).

An announcement/update will be made when either the feature is ready for use, about to be ready, or there is a big enough break in the action to report progress. Dealing with thousands of details takes time and concentration.