Login / Sign up
> > > Warning pops up every 5 seconds

Messages in topic: Warning pops up every 5 seconds
vizhip
Premium User

Nbr post: 10
Register: 5/20/20
Posted: 5/30/24, 1:08 AM

I have 3 accounts that are sync'd and paid for, but have one account that I don't sync that I inherited from a friend that passed on. Before the latest patch, I could simply go to the Others tab and deselect the characters from sync and that would be the end of it, but after this latest patch, it continues to check the account that isn't being sync'd and gives a warning that my account limit has been reached and then doesn't recognize when I switch characters on the account that IS paid for and thus will not sync it unless I quit Magelo Sync and restart it at which time it will continue to give me the same warning, but I can click sync in between the pop-ups to get the paid for account up to date. Of course, this is a major pain to have to work around it this way, so it would be nice if the behaviour was returned to the previous status of not giving a warning for those characters not check marked to be sync'd, but if I tried to sync a non-paid account, then give the warning.
vizhip
Premium User

Posted: 6/4/24, 2:19 AM

I verified that this only occurs if there is an account that exceeds the number of accounts I pay for with Magelo. It doesn't matter whether the box is checked for sync or unchecked, the pop-up still occurs on the Magelo application until you close the application completely. The pop-ups begin as soon as the unpaid account has a character log into the server. The initial pop-ups are just a second or two apart, but after two dismissals by clicking the OK button, the pattern slows to between 5 and 10 seconds.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11451
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/6/24, 9:47 PM

Hi vizhip,

I did not touch any logic / code recently that would affect this at all so the fact it was somehow working ok before the last patch is either luck or something else changed outside of Magelo Sync that would impact its behavior.

I will have a look at the code around that pop-up and see how i can fix this edge case for you.
vizhip
Premium User

Posted: 6/8/24, 6:49 AM

I have done a little more research and found the following changes on my system since the last EQ patch:

Updated Java to 1.8.0_411-b09

Applied a security update which was for .NET
.NET 6.0.31 Security update for x64 Client (KB5039843)

FYI - I am running Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
OS Build 19045.4412

Not that it really matters, but the configuration of my system is:
CPU - I7-6700k CPU 4.00 GHz
32 GB Ram

The Magelo software is installed in the default location which is a solid state drive.
EverQuest is on a separate solid state drive.
I run GINA to assist me when our guild raids various targets and it moves the log file for my Wizard each night to a physical spindle to keep the log file as small as possible.
I usually have a Chrome browser up all the time as well as Microsoft Outlook. Chrome has made its own updates to the browser and the about Chrome shows the following version information:
Version 125.0.6422.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Outlook is from 2003 (11.8330.8405) SP3 so it hasn't changed in a while.
GINA hasn't changed in a long time either - it is version 1.4.24.3
My anti-virus and firewall is combined in my ESET Smart Security Premium that is currently at 17.1.11.0 but will upgrade to 17.1.13.0 the next time I reboot my system.

Hopefully this information will help you understand all the changes that have occurred on my system. The only other change was in the game where I leveled the character that I don't sync to level 104.

Something else comes to mind as well... The Valin character which I don't sync used to belong to a close friend of mine who passed away. The Druid still shows up in the guild roster as a level 82 druid that hasn't been sync'd in 4 years. He also had an Enchanter on a different account that I have now listed as part of the 3 that I pay for to be sync'd. That may be the reason why the pop-up occurs. You might check your code to see if it reacts differently if one of the non-premium toons exists in the database.

Regards -
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11451
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/20/24, 11:58 PM

Sorry did not have time yet to dig into this but thanks a lot for all the details. This issue is not lost on me and i will get back to you asap.
vizhip
Premium User

Posted: 7/15/24, 4:00 PM

I created another free account that doesn't have any characters registered with Magelo and now the pop-ups are no longer occurring. Not sure if you fixed it or something about the 3rd running account changed things, but I can now sync my main raiding account without any problems.