Login / Sign up
> > > Back in it!

Messages in topic: Back in it!
wormneb

Nbr post: 1
Register: 5/22/08
Posted: 5/22/08, 6:50 AM

I have been a way for a few years now and I am getting back into it. 54 Monk who's gear and weps are out of date hell one of my items wouldnt even load up cause they couldnt find it. (Gantru Charm) Well anyways I need some advice on which way to go with armor and weps. Thanks
Starrla

Nbr post: 10
Register: 11/7/02
Posted: 5/22/08, 7:18 AM

Game is as fun as it ever was.
Good luck to you game!
Xavens

Nbr post: 1
Register: 4/25/08
Posted: 5/22/08, 8:46 AM

From the mid-50's I'd recommend tackling the Planes of Power for gear to begin with. As you level through the 60's start transitioning into Omens of War (Anguish gear for upper 60's lower 70's is nice). Serpent's Spine and Buried Sea (Katta) gear can take you to mid 70's, even 80, but from 75-80 you'll want to be focusing on Secrets of Faydwer items.

Just some suggestions, I'm sure lots of people have input on this and many probably have better ideas. Good luck and safe adventures!
Norforthot

Nbr post: 16
Register: 4/26/03
Posted: 5/26/08, 4:36 PM

At 65 you can start getting into the SoF gear. Right now most of the non visible items from DSH and LP are fairly cheap and plentiful to come by and will be a great upgrade over anything from previous expansions (except raid gear).

Weapons I would get some Velium crafted claws and maybe mace. Staff of Sheilding should be fairly cheap and is easy to get/buy and should do you until you get to 65 and the good stuff opens up. Get some store bought proc augs for the weapons (found in starting citys or Cresent Reach) run around 100-300pp per aug but will add some DPS via procs land some proc heals.

Arcstone has some armour quests that you should be able to start or going the crafted route is good too. Later levels crafted can be some of the best armour (especially if you get access to Last Bloods/Bazu Stones through raiding) or ultimate group gear at 75+ will be Scratched Hide from SoF. Upgrading that via Steam Cores then eventually with Essences from Crystallos will also net you some great gear (rivals most raid gear from all previous expansions).

There is a lot for you to experience from 55 on up, so enjoy!