Login / Sign up
> > > another 7 day wait?

Messages in topic: another 7 day wait?
motleycrue

Nbr post: 9
Register: 6/8/04
Posted: 5/29/08, 4:10 PM

ok now everquest patched on 22nd , cant use magelo auto update all week , now they patch again today so now i have to wait another week or more , this is getting added to are year we paid right ?

Motley Crue
Occam

Nbr post: 49
Register: 2/14/02
Posted: 5/29/08, 6:10 PM

Why should it be added to "are" year? Jelan can't control when Sony decides to patch.

iumadari

Nbr post: 1
Register: 5/23/08
Posted: 5/29/08, 6:31 PM

I just signed up on the day of the patch actually. I hadn't played in about 2 years and am coming back to play so I figured I would sign up thinking Magelo was still the best game in town and still supporting EQers.

I figure the money I paid was for all the work they did during my time off because otherwise I would have demanded a refund today. I have not been able to do anything since I paid them the money, I can't even create my character manually because the only option I have is to download and use the uesless autoupdater.

Grrrr.
Ioldari8

Nbr post: 19
Register: 8/18/02
Posted: 5/29/08, 7:09 PM

same as iumadari, ive come back after a couple of years, resubscribed on day of patch, all i want to do is synq my chars so i dont have to manually go through 16 chars to see what i have and dont have.
Falconii

Nbr post: 10
Register: 2/21/05
Posted: 5/29/08, 7:15 PM

The issue is with how long it takes them to fix Magelo Update after a patch, not how often SoE patches. If Magelo Update were fixed withing 24 hours of a patch we wouldn't have a problem with it.
eillo

Nbr post: 3
Register: 8/12/07
Posted: 5/29/08, 10:27 PM

we pay for a service it just join because a friend talked me into it i have paid my money but have not been able to do anything but yet they took the money even thow i cant do anything and when i sent a mesage to tech suport i get a replay saying basicly i got screwed
Zaidoc

Nbr post: 161
Posted: 5/30/08, 10:38 AM

Every time a "more than minor" change happens these threads pop up. It is understandable since we are so spoiled by the "normal" turn around of 1-2 days. So when things take longer we (the user base) start wondering what's going on and why we haven't had a fix or at least some kind of status.

As I have posted before, my chief complaint with Magelo is lack of communication - not lack of service. I understand what it takes to decipher the changes done by SOE after a patch. In many cases it's minor and Magelo is back up and running in a day or so. However, when SOE makes more major changes it takes longer. I understand that. What I don't understand is the "black hole" that happens. At the very least when you know it is going to take more than a day, make a post with "this change is more in depth and we are analyzing the changes. We expect to have our evaluation of the changes done in x-days and then will start coding.". After "x-days", post, "the evaluation is complete and coding has started, we expect it to take "x-days". Then post a status report at periodic intervals. IMO, you would see a lot less griping because people would see something being done even if they don't yet see the results. (You would have to also be willing to post, "we underestimated and now expect x+ days...")

Magelo is a great product. It is superior to anything else, but the customer service needs to be better.

Again, I don't care how long it takes as long as I know that something is being done. I know SOE doesn't, and won't, provide an API for you. I know you have to crawl through the changes. So a status report would go a long way.

Sincerely,

Zaidoc ImagoDei
Order of the Silent Fist
Retired
Ioldari8

Nbr post: 19
Posted: 5/30/08, 11:27 AM

zaidoc as much as i agree with you, and as much as i been moaning, you also need to think from the other said, if they say well i think maybe x days, the second it strokes a minute past midnight you gonna get people, well where is it then, and if it does take a few days longer, and they said well a few days longer, you gonna get people think that they are just spouting crap. its a no win situation really, whether they say nothing, or go into major detail, we know they are working on it. the issue i think is, what people have brought up is how hard are they working on it (aswell as working on wow), and why arnt they building some sort of system that allows us to still sync and stuff? and in all honesty, if there is an issue and they are actually pulling their hair out over something, how can they predict a timeframe? i really dont think its down to ignorance and ignoring us, but i think they are erring on the side of caution in saying nothing, anything they say, is very likely gonna come back and bite them somehow.
motleycrue

Nbr post: 9
Register: 6/8/04
Posted: 5/30/08, 12:04 PM

well reason i posted , is the only reason i even payed for magelo is so i can use the auto updater , and im sure 80pct of us will agree, if i cant use auto updater than magelo is no use to me anymore , oh and what happens if soe decides to patch every thursday? means we will never get to use auto updater?

Motley Crue
xzaviar

Nbr post: 23
Register: 2/9/05
Posted: 5/30/08, 1:42 PM

Fact of the matter is simply that the Magelo team bit off more than they could chew last week with getting the WoW portion of the site operating.

Hopefully this will give the site additional revenue that can be used in the future for more timely updates.

I will be curious if the new site makes things better or worse.

So far on a 1 to 10 the new site is a -1 as far as what it's doing for the eq site. I hope that in the future this changes.