Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo, please consider this

Messages in topic: Magelo, please consider this
moklianne

Nbr post: 127
Register: 8/25/02
Posted: 5/29/08, 10:51 PM

If possible, please consider this or something similar:

"On another note, it might work if they could allow some type of 'safe' mode that wouldn't sync your items to the database, but would sync your character and allow it to be ranked, etc. This they could always enable a 'safe' mode and when the patch has been verified or updated, they could enable 'full' mode. This could be done automatically when you run Magelo Update.

Of course, there will be times where it will mess up the items on your profile or not work at all, but many many patches lately are minor or stability improvements and don't change how items work or add new stat types (like heroic).

It could be a way to keep people happy, especially when Jelan has a personal emergency, etc. I'm not sure if anyone else is working on this atm."

Moklianne -Magelo
Bareldi

Nbr post: 46
Register: 11/19/02
Posted: 5/30/08, 2:50 PM

I know nothing about the details of Magelo code. But I supect that all the locations in memory where player information is stored may change when the EQ code is re-linked with even the most minor change. So they can't find your information to sync it without doing a significant amount of poking around. Depending on how scrambled up the locs are it may take time to make it work even if absolutely nothing has changed in the functionality or items.