Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo WoW beta opened, new EQ features are coming!

Messages in topic: Magelo WoW beta opened, new EQ features are coming!
Lanianel

Nbr post: 22
Register: 10/1/04
Posted: 5/31/08, 11:35 AM

I also run 2 accts simultaneously every day. Like Zaidoc i too am on dial up. If i am only going to be able to update 1 character from 1 acct at a time then my 2nd acct will be unlikely to get updated at all due to the time required just to log in.
Also like Zaidoc atm the new magelo synch just wont start for me (WinXP machine).

So i am adding my voice to the list for
1. multiple simultaneous accts one 1 computer
2. synch multiple chars at once (not just the currently logged in char)

Magelo Update was an awesome tool for my EQ playing. You guys have done a great job in the past and i am sure will continue to do so.

I am hoping you will listen to this and remember the KISS principle. More is not always better.

Formerly 70 Ranger 800+AA but SK's just plain rock
baody

Nbr post: 36
Register: 1/22/04
Posted: 5/31/08, 11:53 AM

Since it's clear to me that Jelan is going to have to give this a rethink, I thought I'd add that I also know players who run one instance of EQ and one instance of WoW at the same time on the same machine (IE they do dailies in WoW while they are waiting for raids in EQ) and I'm guessing they'd like to be able to detect both at the same time.

Cerrena Sweetbuns - Halfling Warrior-Baker
Eagletaro

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/23/02
Posted: 5/31/08, 12:15 PM

Request that you reevaluate whatever facts you used to determine that multi-boxing on one machine is rare. I too do this. The funtionality of being able to update all my toons with one push of the button is something that I consider key to the service I subscribed to.

Add me to list of dissatisfied customers on this change.
delynnec

Nbr post: 1
Register: 3/17/03
Posted: 5/31/08, 12:34 PM

Well I ran 5 accounts on 3 pc's so it simply comes down to if I can update multiple accounts without logging out and in and out again I will move to EQ players as soon as my subscription is up. We are the customers we make the decisions or you simply lose us. I have been with magelo for 6 years but this is near and dear to me.

Gankak
70 Warlord
Occam

Nbr post: 49
Register: 2/14/02
Posted: 5/31/08, 1:16 PM

Add one more to the list of people who run more than one instance of EQ daily. I three-box: two on the PC, one on the laptop. In fact I bet 90% or more of the people with 3 or more accounts have at least one instance of "doubling up." And a significant chunk of those 2-boxing do so on one machine.

I don't know the exact stats, but certainly it's not "really rare."

I can see the appeal of keeping a slick, simple interface, but really, all you'd have to do is make tabs or something, perhaps coming off the left side of the "Character Information" box. However it's done, in this case, I'm pretty sure that functionality is more valuable than keeping the interface as simple as possible.

One thing that was nice about MU was that I could log on all the characters from all 3 accounts, and just do one big sync at the end. That way I could keep my mules up-to-date for more accurate searches. Needless to say it's going to be a bit of a pain to do 24 separate syncs to fully update 3 accounts.

Kilvari

Nbr post: 6
Register: 3/21/02
Posted: 5/31/08, 1:33 PM

Add yet another unusual person to the list I have 2 magelo accounts in the house, 1 for me and 1 for the wife. We both use WinEQ2 to load up multiple EQ instances and the fact that the new Sync client only sees the first session and only updates the currently logged in toon really hurts.

Its also incredibly common in my guild to have people 3 and 4 boxing. As my guild currently pushes Magelo for tracking purposes this hits quite a few people (most of whom were, last night, absolutely certain that this was an oversight that would be fixed quickly.. imagine their upcoming surprise).

Add to that the fact that I'm already in a difficult battle with the EQplayers supporters of my guild and this becomes something I am going to have great difficulty defending. I really am surprised by the statement that hardly anybody needs this. It seems like most people I know can and do leverage their ability to load up multiple instances. Maybe I run in an odd crowd.

I absolutely dread the task of writing new parsers to sift through EQplayers information. Magelo is much easier to parse for tracking how our guildies are doing. Unfortunately, though, if Magelo is going to become harder to use and less functional for our core members I will get forced into it.
rainnestorme

Nbr post: 30
Register: 2/3/02
Posted: 5/31/08, 2:05 PM

Magelo is useless without the ability to collect information from all logged in characters.
shadowphax

Nbr post: 24
Register: 12/29/01
Posted: 5/31/08, 2:52 PM

I run 4 account on a single computer. Plz add back the funtionality to support multiple accounts.
Nottall

Nbr post: 10
Register: 10/2/01
Posted: 5/31/08, 10:14 PM

I run 3-5 accounts on a single computer and have always relied on the multi session sync fuctionality. Please bring it back!

Trechic

Nbr post: 4
Register: 4/20/07
Posted: 5/31/08, 11:26 PM

As you are considering returning to us the functionality we had, as requested by these various posts, would you also please see if you can return to us the ability to export automatically. Not only do we have to sync each character individually, we have to go to a second page and click an additional link, and save for each character that we want to export from.

Your new design implementation requires a lot more time investment on our part to get to the information that we want/need. Previously, I could login, logout each of my characters, update once, and be able to search all of their inventories on my own computer. Now, it requires flipping to magelo while each toon is open, clicking sync, clicking the sword icon, then export then save once per toon, to get the same information.

This is very inefficient for your users. Please give us back the functionality upon which we made the decision to subscribe to your Premium service.
jorekil

Nbr post: 7
Register: 12/24/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 3:22 AM

"This is very inefficient for your users. Please give us back the functionality upon which we made the decision to subscribe to your Premium service. "

I agree. Please.
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 6/1/08, 3:48 AM

Magelo Sync is new despite its predecessor. You are seeing it in its least capable state. Expect more features to be added over time. It can only get better with your suggestions.

Do not expect all the bells and whistles on any product launch. I suppose we could've taken longer to add everything but then you'd have been waiting that much longer, and even then some would find fault. The software has to be released at some point to get real user experience. While some may multibox, everyone plays one account for some or all of their time. It's that everyone that Magelo Sync attempts to address at its launch because it's the larger population.

To those of you who have figured out how to multibox successfully, you are smart enough to figure out how to make do with Magelo Sync in the meantime. If you think about it, it's an extremely minor inconvenience compared to what else life has in store for you. Enjoy your playtime while you can and don't let this little thing spoil it.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Drazzminius
Advisor

Nbr post: 324
Register: 11/3/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 5:28 AM

Onetree, I think you've hit the nail on the head. To be honest, I think the reply from Jelan was probably a bit "hastily" written and could have probably shortened the responses here if it had been phrased a little more objectively with at least the possible re-incorporation in the future.

Thanks for your level-headed response.

EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
Necrotalk Admin
EQ Traders Super Moderator
Milander

Nbr post: 5
Register: 1/11/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 6:05 AM

Except I can't even get the magelo sync website to load. From what I understand, it takes up like 90% of your CPU usage. Also, from reports here, it doesn't update even a basic thing as your level correctly.

I haven't been able to update my chars since the May 22 patch. I'd like to do so...and I'd prefer to use a program that is simple, I have no need for the extra bells and whistles that sync has. I just want to be able to load Magelo Update, hit sync, and then close it.

Is there any way that you guys can support both the old Magelo Update and the new Magelo Sync programs at the same time? This way people have their choice of which they want to use...

And btw, it's not hard to bot 2 chars on the same computer. Load up a character. Be in windowed mode. Minimize that window. Hit EQ.exe again. Login the second account. Alt+tab between accounts as needed.

Valiant Milander Truewield
High Priest Camien Ta`Mire
Forest Scion Azer Stormseeker
brownsfan9
Premium User

Nbr post: 10
Register: 1/18/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 7:09 AM

I also run multiple char same box please re-instate this functionality.