Login / Sign up
> > > Spells

Messages in topic: Spells
Tydan

Nbr post: 162
Register: 10/3/01
Posted: 11/8/06, 11:44 AM

I remember there was a post on the test forums regarding this, but I can't remember specifically what it said.

Are you planning to add a spells section to the new Magelo? Is it already in but hidden so thicko's like me can't find it?

I'm a big fan of Magelo and have been for years. I even like the new system, although I didn't see what was so wrong with the old one. I'm more of a minimalist, so a few more flashy graphics in favor of stability and load times doesn't really float my boat. Overall though I'm pretty disapointed so far. TSS has been out for a good while now and Magelo has been next to useless since it's release. Old profile system could accomodate the new levels and AA's, and the new system wasn't ready. In my opinion it's still looks a long way from ready.

Arguably EQ players are used to seeing "unfinished" work released, but SoE get away with it because EQ is a great game. Whilst Magelo is handy and a nice tool, I feel the release of an incomplete product here is taking liberties with your fans (especially the paying ones).

Keep up the good work guys. I don't wish to sound too derogatory because at the end of the day this is still a great site, but lets get it finished
Mayera Silverwinds

Nbr post: 90
Register: 10/6/02
Posted: 11/9/06, 6:59 AM

On the left, last item under the "features" section is spells. They still don't have the "missing spells" function in your profile management back in the new version yet (I think... I haven't seen it anyway).

Tydan

Nbr post: 162
Register: 10/3/01
Posted: 11/9/06, 9:59 AM

Yup, spotted that. It's the spell lists in my profile I'm after. It's a good way to keep track of what you have and what you're missing, especially when you're keeping track of lots of different characters.
Kennebec
Premium User

Nbr post: 23
Register: 10/4/02
Posted: 11/9/06, 6:18 PM

I'm a four year premium user and happy to pay the increased price for a quality product. I'd be willing to pay the full EQPlayers price just to have the missing spells function back
Inoke
Advisor

Nbr post: 1182
Register: 1/27/04
Posted: 11/9/06, 6:58 PM

They said in beta that they were working on the missing spells feature. I'm sure it's coming.

baody

Nbr post: 36
Register: 1/22/04
Posted: 11/10/06, 6:21 PM

I hope the final spell features will include something on the profile that shows what spells the character has. When I was a guild app officer I used that feature practically every week.

Cerrena Sweetbuns - Halfling Warrior-Baker
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 11/11/06, 9:41 AM

baody, can you elaborate on this please ? i ask because we removed the spell list section in the profile thinking it was not helpfull at all. We introduced it with DoN expansion and all its ban spells but years later, all spells seem pretty common.

It looks like you used the profile's spell list in a way we were not thinking hence my question.

As far as "Check for missing spells" feature, it's coming very soon.
Deviator

Nbr post: 15
Register: 10/13/01
Posted: 11/11/06, 10:17 AM

sounds to me like he was using it to see if an app has all their spells... RGC/Blood line for cure classes, all the right buffs/heals etc to minimize the time the guild has to spend prepping any new recruits. you dont always want to bring someone on and then have to spend a month getting them up to speed.
pootersox

Nbr post: 13
Register: 5/4/03
Posted: 11/11/06, 10:53 AM

Yep as guild recruitment officer I used the spells listing the same way.

Wolana Phoenixfyre, druid, Kelethin-Xegony
LeafLady of 110 seasons
baody

Posted: 11/11/06, 11:26 AM

That's it exactly. If the newest healer in your guild doesn't have RGC you really want to know that before you get in to a situation where you're relying on them having it. I also used it a lot to find out how many lvl 70 spells they had (probably less useful now given the lvl cap raise).

Kilerian

Nbr post: 15
Register: 2/15/02
Posted: 11/11/06, 6:52 PM

Well as a line cleric in a raiding guild, I used the missing spells feature a ton as did the officers before makeing rune awards. I hope that feature is reinstated quickly.

Sympatroniqe Findelamort
Cleric of Tunare

Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 11/12/06, 5:53 PM

Considering it is apparently a useful feature to many, I am fairly certain you can see it returned very soon. But of course, Jelan will have to program it into Magelo first .
94dgrif

Nbr post: 3
Register: 10/16/04
Posted: 10/15/07, 12:26 AM

Nods I just repurchased my magelo subscription specifically because I needed to go through what spells I'm missing, and am very sad to see thats the one thing that Magelo doesn't do these days .

Fingers crossed this will be fixed soon!
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/16/07, 6:30 AM

Erf... It already do it since a long time ago now :
  1. Manage Character
  2. Spells
  3. Check your missing spells & disciplines

baody

Posted: 10/18/07, 1:13 PM

But we still can't see the spells of another player on the profile. It would still be useful to see who is still missing Rk II of whatever.