Login / Sign up
> > > Background of Profile Whited Out

Messages in topic: Background of Profile Whited Out
Silmare

Nbr post: 70
Register: 4/9/02
Posted: 8/17/08, 11:52 AM

Im using the default settings - no customized background. Ive just renewed my premium subscription. I re-synced. And cant see the text on my profile - hps/ac/stats etc - as the background color for the profile has turned very pale blue (same color as the background in this post), and the text is white, so it cannot be read..

I didnt change anything on profile before this happened.

Ive since tried changing the background, and the default color of the profile, it makes no differnence to the pale blue background on my profile. They never change.. Is there something Im supposed to do differently? I wanted it just plain black the way it was.before I re-synced.

EDIT: It works fine on my other computer - I think I have too many graphic-intensive applications running on this computer at the moment. Probably my problem - not Magelo's.

Maetho

Nbr post: 3
Register: 10/23/05
Posted: 8/19/08, 10:41 PM

Actually I've had the same problem for about the same two weeks, a white background behind the gear and stats portion when I view any magelo on my computer.

[link=" http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1259683"]Maetho Tsayar

Inoke
Advisor

Nbr post: 1182
Register: 1/27/04
Posted: 8/19/08, 10:49 PM

Maetho - your profile displays fine for me. Have you had trouble viewing graphics from any other websites? Have you tried viewing a profile with only your internet browser open and no other applications?

Freondude

Nbr post: 8
Register: 12/13/01
Posted: 8/20/08, 7:10 PM

All 3 previous posters profiles come up somewhat filtered and whited out. The background images are unaffected. All magelo profiles appear this way to me wether I am on my work computer or at home on either my laptop or PC.

Xaust Polution ~ 80 Shadow Knight (alt) and Lord Ingvie Nordloch ~ 80 Shaman (box)
Drinal
yogore

Nbr post: 42
Register: 6/1/02
Posted: 8/20/08, 8:39 PM

For the folks that are seeing the funky white icons, are you using IE6?

IE6 used to work fine for me on XP and then, a month or so ago, I started seeing slot icons with white backgrounds. I tried updating to the latest JAVA, that didn't work. Only after upgrading to IE7, did the slot icons return back to normal.
Maetho

Nbr post: 3
Register: 10/23/05
Posted: 8/21/08, 6:32 PM

Yeah I kinda figured that was the cause of the problem, usually when MS releases a new IE version the old one strangely starts having problems with backgrounds etc

[link=" http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1259683"]Maetho Tsayar

farbekrieg

Nbr post: 4
Register: 4/23/02
Posted: 8/22/08, 12:27 PM

it is wierd im using IE 6 and maltho and scoundrels profile show fine but everyone elses has the white background (so do all my characters)

Silmare

Nbr post: 70
Register: 4/9/02
Posted: 9/4/08, 3:50 PM

AH HAH~!

My other computer runs Firefox. I never thought of that. The one that whited out the profile ran under IE 6. I dislike IE 7 so never installed it.

I installed Firefox on the troubled computer and voila! The ;profile is showing correctly once again.

Thank you for the suggestion. Appears the issue was caused by IE 6.