Login / Sign up
> > > 3-Sept-2008 EverQuest patch

Messages in topic: 3-Sept-2008 EverQuest patch
Inoke
Advisor

Nbr post: 1182
Register: 1/27/04
Posted: 9/5/08, 4:23 AM

The EverQuest client was patched on Wednesday. As always the Magelo team needs to verify/patch the Sync program to work with the new client.

Thank you in advance for your patience while Sync is patched.

There is another patch slated for Friday 5-Sept-2008

Modef

Nbr post: 10
Register: 11/16/06
Posted: 9/5/08, 10:34 AM

Oh goody!
My jeans were starting to get holey again.

Modef

Without Olivia deHavilland, Errol Flynn was just a rogue.
Lias

Nbr post: 247
Register: 10/13/02
Posted: 9/5/08, 4:35 PM

The 5th September patch turned out to be for a server crash issue. When I logged in after the patch I downloaded a couple of LoN files.. but no EQ data.

So, any idea on an ETA for Magelo Synch now?

I do understand that SOE often does some funky things under the hood that might not be obvious to players.. but which can have a major impact when it comes to getting things like Magelo Synch working.

I do not know if that happened with the Sept 3rd patch.. but I run EQ Item Collector and that was totally borked by the patch.

Vaang

Nbr post: 12
Register: 4/11/05
Posted: 9/7/08, 4:03 PM

Hello, folks. Any eta on fix?

Steon

Nbr post: 9
Register: 6/22/04
Posted: 9/7/08, 8:18 PM

Does it help you if we run the old Magelo client while you are updating it?

Drazzminius
Advisor

Nbr post: 324
Register: 11/3/02
Posted: 9/7/08, 8:43 PM

You can't. It gives a message about how EQ Client was patched and updater will be patched accordingly...

EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
Necrotalk Admin
EQ Traders Super Moderator
Slcendiceurtwin1

Nbr post: 10
Register: 4/23/06
Posted: 9/7/08, 11:06 PM

Guys, gals ....remember this hit wednesday ... with some changes and updates tossed in ... now it's the weekend... I'm sure Jelan and crew will have it up ASAP and working properly UNLIKE they're SOLE competitor...Eqplayers.... Nagginjg causes distractions patience garners much more results

Erycil

Nbr post: 2681
Register: 7/23/08
Posted: 9/8/08, 12:02 AM

Hello everyone and thank you for the wait! Our team is working on the patch and as usual, we need to verify if there's any changes that is implemented that would change or cause any bugs in our profiles/system. We're also working on some bug fixes at the same time and we'll let everyone know as soon as it's ready.
Gildana

Nbr post: 18
Register: 12/26/01
Posted: 9/8/08, 4:27 AM

Yeah... It screwed up lucy and people's hotkeys are displaying weird shi.. um, stuff, so obviously some client and other changes were made. I'd rather have it work and be a couple days, than screwed up.

Thanks for the effort.
jordideedee

Nbr post: 2
Register: 2/9/07
Posted: 9/8/08, 5:51 AM

Quite agree.. better to get it right by doing it properly than having to keep doing it over again.

Erycil

Nbr post: 2681
Register: 7/23/08
Posted: 9/8/08, 8:20 AM

News from our team - Magelo Sync will patch in a day's time. We're just making some last minute changes and finishing up on minor bug fixing. Thank you for your patience again!
Steon

Nbr post: 9
Register: 6/22/04
Posted: 9/8/08, 10:37 AM

Ummm. Drazz... It gives you that message, but the client is still running. My question is, does leaving it running help the folks at Magelo compile the data they need to do an accurate fix? At one point I seem to recall they were asking folks to leave magelo running for just that reason. Or maybe it was running even if you weren't updating so that they could get info on the new zones.

I'm not complaining.... I'm trying to see if and how I can help magelo improve.

Inoke
Advisor

Nbr post: 1182
Register: 1/27/04
Posted: 9/8/08, 3:00 PM

Steon, no leaving it running after a patch does not help.

The situation where people were advised to run it even though the profile portion wasn't working was to gather item and NPC data when that portion of the site went live.

Vaang

Nbr post: 12
Register: 4/11/05
Posted: 9/8/08, 4:06 PM

Cool, thanks for the update.

Queylick

Nbr post: 34
Register: 10/5/02
Posted: 9/9/08, 3:42 PM

Ok it's not working just tried, post above says next day well that's now, any new new new eta?