Login / Sign up
> > > Pet Profile?

Messages in topic: Pet Profile?
Drazzminius
Advisor

Nbr post: 324
Register: 11/3/02
Posted: 10/4/08, 9:45 AM

Once I hit the right level with the right AAs, I started saving my pet for as long as I could. I'd get to a good hunting spot and just Suspend Minion before I camped. Most recently, I kept the same pet for almost 2 months. Woot!

Then I died...

I hunted in the bazaar and finally settled on outfitting my pet with Defiant Gear. I wanted to see just how much of a difference it would make on him, so I did up a dummy Magelo for him:

JaBoner

Then it hit me – Could there possibly be a Pet Profile in the future of Magelo? Either as linked from your character (kind of like the Alt Profiles currently offered) or something? I can't see them really auto-syncing with the game (not sure of the mechanics on that, but pretty sure it's unreadable once you give the pet some toys), but we could manually make the updates. It would give us an idea of how to get the most out of our animated bone chips.

Just a suggestion, but one I think might get a decent following.

Thanks again for all the hard work and such a great tool!

EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
Necrotalk Admin
EQ Traders Super Moderator
Erycil

Nbr post: 2681
Register: 7/23/08
Posted: 10/8/08, 1:22 AM

Your idea has merit, Drazzminius. It is something we're thinking of but hasn't reached the planning stage yet.
Drazzminius
Advisor

Posted: 10/8/08, 5:35 AM

Thanks Erycil. All I ask is the consideration.

It has been posted many times on the Sony Forums to request being able to see the inventory of a Pet (so you don't end up wasting gear as you give it to him). Once the Pets become suspendable with gear, I believe it becomes a valid request to know what is on him.

Like I said, I know this may be a long shot, but it'd be an AWESOME addition.

Thanks again!

Necrotalk Admin
Drazzminius
Advisor

Posted: 2/12/09, 3:18 AM

Just curious if there has been any more consideration on this?

JaBoner

Necrotalk Admin
Drazzminius
Advisor

Posted: 7/13/10, 11:08 PM

**Bump**

Necrotalk Admin
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11387
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 7/14/10, 6:55 AM

Hey Drazz, it's good to see you around, I have been playing my necro lately a bit trying to lvl up him a bit (currently lvl57) and as such, I spend some time on the NecroTalk forums and noticed you are a mod there, nice

Anyhow, I very much like the idea and it would be neat. I will look into it to see what can be done. Can we try to elaborate what we want to have in this profile ?
  1. I assume it's not only for necromancer pet, other pet classes would love to have this as well. Would all classes that can have a pet would want the same thing ?
  1. Stats... Which stats do we want to see, same as character ? Is there a way to use a subset only ?
  2. Item slots, are all slots actually equippable ? I was under the impression that only visible slots would be...
  3. Beside this, what would be interesting to see ? Pet skills/abilities ?

I might have forgotten something, so don't hesitate to contribute. I want to have a good idea of what we want before implementing this idea.
Byratan

Nbr post: 58
Register: 2/12/09
Posted: 7/14/10, 9:13 AM

IIRC, pets have almost as many slots as PCs, they just dont double the ear, finger or wrist slots (plus they DO have the two weapons slots, not sure on range or not)...
Drazzminius
Advisor

Posted: 7/16/10, 1:19 AM

My vision for Pet Profiles:
  • Pets would be manual entry as (from what I understand) they aren't NPCs as far as EQ is concerned, they are spells
  • Yes, they would be for all classes
  • Possibly use templates similar to the Alt Profiles
    • Your class would determine which template you could use
    • Pet would be an additional tab, similar to a combined Identity & Inventory Tab
      • Identity would allow the user to select the spell type/level (this would determine base stats for the pet)
    • Upon selection, a drop down button with type/level available would be the first step
      • This would determine base stats for the pet
    • After selection of the pet, the inventory screen below would become available
    • The inventory screen would be similar to the one used for Player Characters, however items would not have Augs, so there is no need to even offer that possibility, regardless of what slots are available for a piece of gear
    • Stats from the gear would reflect above similar to a Player Character, thus allowing the user to see exactly the difference made by gearing up a pet

I would imagine that Mages would love this even more than me.....

I have some other ideas, but these might get you started.

Or make you drop the idea altogether, ha ha!

Necrotalk Admin
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11387
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 7/16/10, 5:41 AM

Thanks for the feedback Drazz, it gives me some good ideas ! I wanted also to share what we can do with Magelo Sync to further investigate what and how to do it.

I can tell if you have a pet or not and lookup the pet to find information such as
  • Name
  • Class
  • Level
  • Some stats like hp and the like, but they are buffed so kinda useless to us

The thing is there is no information that allow us to know which items your pet have equipped however we can detect when you give/equip your pet with items so we should be able to tell what your pet has if you had Magelo Sync running at the time you equipped your pet.

Also I should be able to tell which spell triggers which kind of pet and I should be able to tell when you loose and change your pet. So syncing your pet as you sync your character seems doable.

Also funky stats like pet birthday and pet played time can be calculated and saved.

So that is what is feasible not necessarily meaning it's a good idea.

Maybe a pet profile is not even what we really want/need (we = pet classes not magelo), maybe what we need is a pet builder tool that allow quick pet profile creation that you can link easily to friends

And then, you could link those pet builds within your character. Since the pet is not that persistent, it seems to me that it would be a good idea. I think mostly people want to do some theory crafting with pet to better understand what they are made of and how they can buff them with items.

A pet builder tool would achieve that and easily allow people to share/compare builds. Pretty much like the talent/pet talent builder we have for wow but with items and stats.

How does that sound ?
Drazzminius
Advisor

Posted: 7/16/10, 11:14 AM

Pet Builder Tool sounds perfect! Especially if you are able to link it to your profile. You are 100% correct that the pet isn't really persistent enough to rate a full profile of his own – my intent was to get an idea of what you are bringing to a group or have available to you (just like your gear) when you enter the game.

Syncing sounds doable, but since pets die so often and for the non-Mage classes, the gear varies (if they have it at all). Syncing a pet seems like it might not be what a player really wants to express, but maybe it is. Maybe have a check box or option to sync?

Again, I really like the idea of a Pet Builder Tool !!

Necrotalk Admin
Drazzminius
Advisor

Posted: 6/11/13, 12:06 AM

Bump

Necrotalk Admin
Drazzminius
Advisor

Posted: 9/22/13, 12:09 PM

Any new word on the possibility of the Pet Profile Tool?

Necrotalk Admin
Drazzminius
Advisor

Posted: 12/27/13, 7:58 AM

Bump.

Necrotalk Admin