Login / Sign up
> > > $24.95???

Messages in topic: $24.95???
Anthe Battlecaster

Nbr post: 25
Register: 4/1/02
Posted: 3/21/07, 5:01 PM

If the problem was conflicts, blocking, security or DNS errors, magelo would not load. Ever. But it does load in it's entirety, without any errors...if given enough time. Time is something I highly value, and I'll substitute inferrior service if it results in less waste of time.
minm

Nbr post: 2
Register: 4/22/06
Posted: 5/9/07, 5:20 AM

OMG $25.00 a year. yeah i know it's taking food outta your mouth.. just writing this i can tell all you naysayers are dropping pounds.

Seriously. I make $400 (Canadian Dollars) a month

Rent, $200
Utilities $100 (give or take a few bucks per month)

I have to live on $100 a month ( thats $25 a week) that includes, basic transportation, food, smokes, EQ, ISP. * I * Can afford to pay $3.80 ( converted from US to CANADIAN) a month for magelo. How many people here make more that $400 a month ?? 95% + i would bet. The peeps here at magelo do good work, they respond in a timely fashion....oh yeah... their shit works!!

At least the owners here actually give a crap... DOES SONY ???
Well you could pay Sony their prices for a broken EQplayers...something thats not likely to be fixed anytime soon...and when it will be fixed, it will STILL be broken somehow. After all these are the people who have to patch after they patch the patch right ??

So open your wallets and pay the deserving peeps for the service we all love.
moklianne

Nbr post: 127
Register: 8/25/02
Posted: 5/11/07, 7:39 PM

Magelo is a better product than EQplayers. Very few people would argue with that. EQplayers has its share of bugs, but so does Magelo. It all comes down to personal preference. If Magelo is worth $25 a year to you than that's fine. It just isn't to many.

And, an autoupdating EQplayers is free for a basic link to your equipment. All you are missing is your AA's, skills, and rankings.

Moklianne -Magelo
Occam

Nbr post: 49
Register: 2/14/02
Posted: 5/17/07, 4:14 PM

I personally think the price is reasonable, however it's clear that many do not. And while it's their loss, it kind of sucks for ranking purposes. Not that I mind being 8th on my server instead of 32nd, but I'd rather be accurate and feel less uber.

Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 5/17/07, 6:38 PM

Normal members can still rank their characters. They just need to make sure their Magelo profiles matches ingame and then run Magelo Update. Magelo Update will pick up the character being played and verify that against the profile in the database. If it matches, the profile will be validated and - provided the option to keep the profile ranked is checked on - added to the rankings page.