Login / Sign up
> > > $24.95???

Messages in topic: $24.95???
Shakiren

Nbr post: 1
Register: 7/30/02
Posted: 12/7/06, 8:32 PM

hey atleast you get to use the service if you want too, i don't get none of the good stuff since i am a test player
Mogley

Nbr post: 20
Register: 2/4/02
Posted: 12/8/06, 6:27 PM

I been a Premium user since 2/02. right now I cant sync any toons period. There was supposed to be a three week extension on accounts and I dont see it. So basically I cant do any thing with Magelo. would like to at least see what it is that I would or would not be paying for before I pay for it.

120 Barbarian Shaman
80Halfling Druid
83 Gnome Enchanter
paulorr

Nbr post: 92
Register: 3/8/05
Posted: 12/8/06, 6:31 PM

The 3 week expansion was entered about 6 weeks ago now i believe
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 12/8/06, 7:57 PM

The premium extension was while the site was in (public) beta. If your premium expired since then, it's logical that you have no Premium features anymore.
caballero

Nbr post: 13
Register: 2/5/02
Posted: 12/9/06, 1:33 AM

LOL

Now this is directed at the bitchers .. not people that are asking for a multi-tiered payment structure.. This is aimed at those with comments like "I'm quitting", "I'm not renewing" You lost a customer" blah blah. Hear the same damn thing on eq boards everytime they nerf an ability

The price went up. ..it's 2 dollars a month now .. are you honestly saying 2 dollars a MONTH is too expensive .. You people need to get better jobs and stop playing eq. lol

You sound like a bunch of teenage free loaders.
Shit cost money to make.. it costs money to support, it costs money to provide.
At even a small company you have this kind of break down:
Developers(java), Webpage designers, testers, analysts, DBA, CEO's, CIO's CTO's, Presidents, Partners, secretaries, office rent, machine costs, oncall support(overtime) , travel costs.

Even an average developer makes 30-40 bucks an hour..plus all the benifits...contract could make 50+ /hr easily. CEO's, CIO's CTO's, Presidents - are all 6 figure salaries.

If Magelo was even considered a small company of 15 people.. you'd have that overhead .. and there is no damn way they'd only charge 2 bucks a month...so they are WAY smaller..BUT it still costs.

You are trying to make this company feel bad because they didn't raise the price slowly for the service they have provided for over 4 years?? Nothing stays the same price that long...yet they kept it that price.
Magelo not only kept the price the same for a long time .. but ony after considerable improvment to the product did they finally increase the cost. I find that amazing. A company didn't just jack their rates up.. like my phone/TV and Insurance companies have been doing for years.

Personally,

I think 25 dollars a year is fair value.

It's great you have your own opinion .. you don't feel it's worth the cost.. you know there is a reason they offer a PREMUIM service.. it's for people like me. and Yes that FREE service they offer..yah ..that's for people like you

Obvisouly, you really don't care all that much about the premium features anyway...or you'd think they were worth the cost.
The only reason you feel extorted, is because you don't think you can do with out the service.. and you feel you are being forced to pay up .. like a crack dealer has just raised his prices or something. There is an alternative.. you use the free system.. you use eq's system ..( and lets be honest here, that system sucks ass. I have yet to see it display my gear correctly ), you could use no system at all, or finally you could build your own.

Pony up .. or use the free service.(yah the one they didn't have to offer in the first place)

NOW ,, to all those offering real solutions to your "issues" - cool on you. It's nice to see your not just "bitching"

Flame on .. of course, realize if you do... you're actually telling me that you are in the first group of people (the freeloading teenager) haha.
Qill

Nbr post: 16
Register: 6/8/05
Posted: 12/9/06, 3:03 AM

Magelo works fine. If you are still having problems with it you need to check your settings or upgrade your PC.

As for the price increase, deal with it. The product is a good one and works well. It's also an 'add on' to the game. You don't need it to play EQ so if you don't like the price, don't pay for it. But, by all means, quit complaining. Those of us who enjoy the service and appreciate the hard work that Jelan and staff have put into it are tired of hearing your bitching.
Mogley

Nbr post: 20
Register: 2/4/02
Posted: 12/9/06, 5:27 AM

I am not bitching about the price increase all I was asking and I guess I misunderstood the extension part. I thought the extension was a 3 week extension past your membership expireation date at least that is what the other board said any way. All I wanted to do is basically test drive it first before I buy like a trial run. Now I know what your going to say now that was what the beta was for but as you all know the beta was not a complete program and the important update didnt happen till later. I dont mind paying the $25 for the program but at least let people try out the new full program before they but it. How long was it down for in the past? You dont buy a car before you trry it out do you? And the people that speak out for the admin part that are not admin it wont do you any good to suck up to them. I know it is a good program, or I would not have been a premium user since Feb 02. I think basically I am upset because my premium account expired this week before I got to see all the features. I just want to see if it is what I want, after I pay my $25 And I dont like it I cant get my money back. My apologies for the 3 week extension misunderstanding

120 Barbarian Shaman
80Halfling Druid
83 Gnome Enchanter
Maurice
Advisor

Posted: 12/9/06, 5:47 AM

Let's continue the discussion started by Bukmuk about the expiration and Premium extension in this topic and filter it out from the current discussion about pricing schemes and services provided.
Danille

Nbr post: 24
Register: 4/3/03
Posted: 12/9/06, 11:41 AM

From looking at the recent rankings page as of 12/9 (if they are accurate) anyone can see:

A total of 21958 players using magelo with 9898 paying subscription fees.
(we dont know from what we can see, on the outside how many of the 21958 or 9898 are 1,2 or 3 character syncs)

On the surface if they are the same, it appears that more than 1/2 of the users think that $24.95 is too expensive.

The simple fact is that the majority of the player base do not see it as a value or they would be spending the money.

Solutions?

First....as a token of professional courtesy the free users should get back the two services that really pissed most of the base off that were eliminated, namely background and music.

An additional tier of service, would include just the services that were $1 per month before..... at the same price.

It is the quality of the extra services, that should be used to intice customers to WANT TO pay for the additional features, rather than being forced to pay for them.

The marketing campaing would have been alot more effective if the decision makers, waited to see IF a price hike was actually necessary, based upon the new sign-up's for the enhancements and new features, versus making EVERYONE pay BEFORE the results were in.

caballero

Nbr post: 13
Register: 2/5/02
Posted: 12/10/06, 7:50 PM

not a bad idea ...
Offer a free service.. the one you offer now.. change nothing.
Offer a $12/yr for added functionality..suck as music and background capabilities.
$25/yr for full featured app.
Qill

Nbr post: 16
Register: 6/8/05
Posted: 12/11/06, 5:55 AM

Sucking up? ROFL

Guess I am sucking up to a lot of companies. I like the Magelo program. I like my Buick. I like my Mr. Coffee. I like my Chevy. I like my Levis. I like my Marlboros. I like my Nvidia card. I like Peter Pan peanut butter.

OMG! I spend all my time sucking up!

moklianne

Nbr post: 127
Register: 8/25/02
Posted: 12/11/06, 11:21 AM

"From looking at the recent rankings page as of 12/9 (if they are accurate) anyone can see:

A total of 21958 players using magelo with 9898 paying subscription fees.
(we dont know from what we can see, on the outside how many of the 21958 or 9898 are 1,2 or 3 character syncs) "

Actually, this is not accurate, this includes those that recently signed up and all of those that had their subscription either extended or carried over from the old Magelo and still have time left. I am part of the latter. I have not renewed, but still am a premium member. We'll have to wait a few more months to get an accurate picture.

Moklianne -Magelo
colous

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/21/01
Posted: 12/11/06, 7:31 PM

As soon as character sync and full rankings searches are available at $12 I will renew my subscription which expired this past September after 2 years. For me the $25 subscription fee is too high of a price to pay for only the authentic seal (for competitive purposes), and now a ranking system since eqrankings is no longer updating. Item search isn't even needed as http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/ (Where'd magelo get the idea of a popup window with item stats listed?) has nearly the same functionality and is a free service (please help support them), though the item database is not as extensive as magelo/lucy due to a smaller user base.

Now for the two things that really bothered me in this thread. First of all there's no need to be bashing each other for paying or not wanting to pay and voicing your feelings/concerns, especially the poster that seemed to think those of us who do not want to pay the current rate are somehow part of a subclass of "poor welfare whoring americans only looking for handouts".

Secondly the car analogy was slightly flawed in my opinion. It's more along the lines of trying to buy a base model and the dealer only offering you the high end model with all extra "fluff" features/equipment. Because everyone needs a GPS navigation system to find your way to that job/grocery store/bar/whatever you've been going to for the past 10 years, right?.
Szazor

Nbr post: 3
Register: 9/19/02
Posted: 12/11/06, 10:11 PM

question.

I no longer see a link to increase game accounts from 3 to 8 or the price to do so ...anyone point me in correct direction or 3 is it now? thx
Maurice
Advisor

Posted: 12/12/06, 4:36 AM

That option is currently not available. I have no ETA when Jelan has been able to implement it again, unfortunately.