Login / Sign up
> > > Refresh on Sync?

Messages in topic: Refresh on Sync?
Silmare

Nbr post: 70
Register: 4/9/02
Posted: 3/31/09, 11:47 AM

How long is the refresh time on the sync button? I always thought it was instant, but I made a mistake on my worn gear and tried to immediately resync after I corrected it (was wearing a clickie not my normal armor) and it pretended it synced, but it in fact did not update.

The next morning I tried to resync again, and this time it took. I changed an item on my gear and attempted a second resync within a minute, it said it resynced and updated the timestamp, but again it would not update on my profile..

So how long is the refresh timer on it before it actually will allow an update again?

Erycil

Nbr post: 2681
Register: 7/23/08
Posted: 4/1/09, 12:47 AM

Hi Silmare,

It usually takes less than 2 minutes for Magelo Sync to detect changes to your character information on an average PC unit, so you may wish to wait a couple of minutes, then Sync again for the changes to be detected.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11375
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 4/1/09, 1:11 AM

I think the exact time is 30 seconds, ideally when you sync we should force a refresh. It's something that we will work on in the future.
Silmare

Posted: 4/1/09, 9:33 AM

ok well it didnt work like that. I tried to refresh and was trying to resync about five to 15 minutes each time.

I should be more specific: Magelo Sync DID refresh each time I tried it. Each time it said the sync was successful. Each time it updated the time stamp.

What DIDNT update was the profile. Both times I couldnt get the profile to update again after the first update.

I returned to the application and resynced 8-10 hours later each time and then again, the Sync did refresh, did up date the time stamp, did tell me it was successful... and updated the profile accurately.

So the failure I saw was only when trying to re-update the profile, not in the messages the sync application was giving me. That seemed to work as you have described. I dont know if Ive explained clearly. See below:

7:10am Used Sync - sync successful - timestamp updated - profile updated
7:11am - Changed a worn item on my character in game
7:12am - Used Sync - sync successful - timestamp updated - profile never changed from 7:10 update
7:15am - Used Sync - sync successful - timestamp updated - profile never changed from 7:10 update
7:20am - Used Sync - sync successful - timestamp updated - profile never changed from 7:10 update
7:22am - Used Sync - sync successful - timestamp updated - profile never changed from 7:10 update

6:30pm - Used Sync - sync successful - timestamp updated - profile updated
Changed an item on my gear
6:32pm - Used Sync - sync successful - timestamp updated - profile never changed from 6:30pm update
6:36pm - Used Sync - sync successful - timestamp updated - profile never changed from 6:30pm update
6:38pm - Used Sync - sync successful - timestamp updated - profile never changed from 6:30pm update

11:30pm - Used Sync - sync successful - timestamp updated - profile updated

Do you see what I mean? Repeat syncs very fast APPEAR to be working per the application messages of success - but in fact, they were not updating the profile until I waited several hours and tried again. Then again, only the first update "counted" to actually change the profile.

Its not that big of a deal. I was just asking mostly out of curiosity's sake how long the refresh was.

Silmare

Posted: 4/1/09, 9:42 AM

And yes, I was opening and closing the browser each time to make sure it wasnt my browser just not refreshing.

At 6:30pm when I went back into magelo, it still showed the 7:10 profile

At 11:30pm when I went back into magelo, it still showed the 6:30pm profile.

I think it should be easy enough to recreate. But I finally got the profile accurate , so I dont want to mess with it again right now.

Those times arent exact, I was just recreating the sequence of events to illustrate what happened.