Login / Sign up
> > > NPC Observed loots: How is this figured?

Messages in topic: NPC Observed loots: How is this figured?
Rbul

Nbr post: 9
Register: 10/29/09
Posted: 11/22/09, 11:36 PM

Title says most of it. I was wondering how loot, items etc. are determined and how is the observed loot and number of times a NPC is looted updated on Magelo. Is having Magelo sync 4.14 up and running is all that is needed? If that is the case then I would say cool. Is there something we can do to update what we loot from monsters? The more observations we all have for the number of times we loot a monster the more accurate the percentage chance of a particular item being dropped will be.
Erycil

Nbr post: 2681
Register: 7/23/08
Posted: 11/22/09, 11:49 PM

Hello Rbul,

You are correct in your assumption. By simply running Magelo Sync when you play the game, it will observe and populate the database at certain intervals. The more players running it, the more accurate the mob drop tables will be.
Rbul

Nbr post: 9
Register: 10/29/09
Posted: 11/23/09, 12:26 AM

I ran a small experiment killing rodents in Rivervale to see if the number of times looted would change under the rodent heading in your data base but the number of observed loot remains at 116 and the last zone update remains at 7/24/07. I sync, zoned out and zoned back in and sync each time I zone and nothing changes on the heading for the zone or the monster. Is there something I am missing?
Erycil

Posted: 11/23/09, 6:33 AM

It does this at intervals to minimize disruption of your gaming time and to reduce the load on the servers. The actual interval is decided server-side based on several factors, which is why sometimes it will not upload any data from your session.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11387
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 12/12/09, 12:45 AM

The Database is updated at a pretty low interval however the page of the npc itself is now cached for one day or so, it used to not be cached. At that time, you could indeed observe your contribution in almost real time.

I will check how to get back the dynamic nature of the pages we had before so you can witness your contributions again.
Greym Greymantle
Premium User

Nbr post: 137
Register: 7/22/02
Posted: 12/12/09, 10:15 AM

Is there a way to force or trigger an update? Seeing lots of new mobs and items and venders not getting updated.

Erycil

Posted: 12/14/09, 6:16 AM

Unfortunately, Greym, there is no such feature at the moment.