Login / Sign up
> > > Guilds

Messages in topic: Guilds
Eggy

Nbr post: 34
Register: 1/19/03
Posted: 11/19/06, 11:40 AM

I appologize if this is posted elsewhere, but I didn't see it in the FAQ. How does one get a link to their guild website on magelo?

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11387
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 11/19/06, 11:52 AM

Your guild master has to edit your guild information to provide the url, once it's done, it will appear on our guild info page.
Kariya13

Nbr post: 3
Register: 3/7/05
Posted: 11/27/06, 10:37 AM

Can you point me to a "How To" section on this? I am the leader of my own guild, Dark Possession, and I cannot find anywhere to enter in the website. When I go to My Guild, it shows up as the guild Valheru - my husband and I share this magelo account. Is there no way to change which guild shows up under My Guild, or does it default to the Main of the highest level (husband's character is the highest level). I would rather have Dark Possession show under My Guild, as I use Magelo more than my husband.

Help, please! I can't seem to find anything on this new site...

Karriya
70 Wizard
Povar

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11387
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 11/27/06, 11:08 AM

Kariya, the system is not very smart at the moment because it was designed to handle only one main character at first. In your case, it looks like it checks the guild status of your husband character and therefore does not let you customize your guild settings.

I will fix this asap.
Kariya13

Nbr post: 3
Register: 3/7/05
Posted: 11/27/06, 11:49 AM

Thank you, Jelan.

Karriya
70 Wizard
Povar

Wyldb

Nbr post: 13
Register: 2/22/03
Posted: 12/17/06, 1:58 PM

I have a side question about guilds, and figured I'd just use a post that talks about it already,

How does a Guild Leader edit the guild info on this site for our guild?
I have 3 characters listed as Mains on this site, cause they are all mains, Except 2 are in one guild and the Cleric is the leader of his own guild. But when I go to update the Web URL for the Cleric, it asks for a thumbnail link instead of the URL. This is the path I took to get to that section:

> My Characters > Customize (Cleric) > Website
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 12/17/06, 5:42 PM

As mentioned elsewhere on this site, new guild support software will be released soon.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Wyldb

Nbr post: 13
Register: 2/22/03
Posted: 12/17/06, 10:10 PM

rofl, ya i know, but the only reason I asked was because there are guilds out there that have this feature already working for them. But I understand the complete process, I just find it ironic.
BTW, nice work on the fluidness and the overall design/layout.

Thanks Onetree and all the other posts as always!