Login / Sign up
> > > Item Search

Messages in topic: Item Search
symbius

Nbr post: 6
Register: 4/13/05
Posted: 3/10/10, 5:00 AM

How is the item search on a premium Magelo?

I recently had a premium Allahkazam, but it has expired.

I've been looking at other areas to do full item searches. There any way to see a type of trail or demo of what the item searches look like on here with premium?
Erycil

Nbr post: 2681
Register: 7/23/08
Posted: 3/10/10, 10:36 PM

Hi Symbius,

The Advanced Search will let you search for items based on variables such as name, location (In your inventory if you have it), the usual tags (Lore, Magic, No Trade, Temporary, etc), slot, Skill%, +DMG Skills, and stat attributes.

You will also have the option to sort the results as you like.

Hope that helps!
symbius

Posted: 3/10/10, 11:33 PM

hmm.. interesting.

How about by Era?

Recently decided to level a character classic style, so only want to do searches on original, kunark and velious era gear.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 3/11/10, 5:50 AM

Hi,

Right now, we dont support filering your search by expansion however it should be possible to include / exclude items that we know are coming from given expansion. I will look into it.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 3/11/10, 7:52 AM

I implemented this feature and it will be live with our next patch which is scheduled for tomorrow.
symbius

Posted: 3/13/10, 1:06 AM

Hm.. nice, you just sold me on getting premium.
symbius

Posted: 4/21/10, 8:30 PM

So after using this premium for a month now I can say that I'm not too thrilled on how it all works.

Including the Era in the searches was nice, but it doesn't really work.

I still have to click to "include items from unknown source" or my search comes up with a big 0.

And searches like that make it pointless to use that option since I have to weed through tons of items I didn't want in the first place.

Still has potential, but in the end Advanced searches using 13th-floor gives more reliable clutter-free results.

Any chance this will be fleshed out properly and get into a working order?
Erycil

Posted: 4/22/10, 8:59 AM

Hi Symbius, thanks for bringing it up. We should fix it pretty soon, within this week.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 4/25/10, 1:32 AM

Fixed the expansion thing, is there any other thing in the advanced search that would make your life easier ?
symbius

Posted: 5/26/10, 6:08 PM

Thanks Jelan.

It definitely seems to be working quite a bit better now.

I'm nitpicking a bit, but I suppose the only thing that I could see that could possibly make the advanced search better is to somehow show if an item is REQ/REC on the large displayed list.

Right now if I do a search for a lvl 50 character and rank it by INT, the #1 item will show 1 INT instead of it's REC #. A way to display that on the list would be nice, instead of having to hover over each picture.

Otherwise, good job!
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 6/6/10, 12:52 AM

Hi symbius,

Did you fill your level or even better select your character in the list ? If you do that, the search will be contextualized and only items matching your level will be shown. Even better, the stats for items having a recommended level higher than yours will be adjusted automatically.
Meltonian

Nbr post: 1
Register: 4/21/10
Posted: 6/7/10, 5:23 PM

Greetings, I wonder if it would be possible to add in an advanced search filter for the last time a character logged in. This way I could see characters that have the latest gear as well as being able to compare with older types of gear.
Thanks!
Erycil

Posted: 6/8/10, 12:20 AM

Hi Meltonian,

You can simply browse the latest profiles on the EQ Home page: http://eq.magelo.com/home.jspa

It's a constantly changing list so you're bound to find something for your character among them!
jimbuck95

Nbr post: 2
Register: 5/22/05
Posted: 9/15/10, 4:36 PM

Is it possible to make it capable of searching by zone?
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 9/18/10, 5:12 AM

Hi jimbuck95,

When you say per zone, Are you interested to know what drop in a particular zone and you want to very advanced filters but only in a particular zone ? Just trying to better understand what you are after.