Login / Sign up
> > > EQ Server Merge minor patch

Messages in topic: EQ Server Merge minor patch
Erycil

Nbr post: 2681
Register: 7/23/08
Posted: 6/23/10, 9:42 AM

Hi everyone,

Our team has applied a small patch today that will identify your characters in a unique way and allow Magelo Sync to update your toons with the correct server and character name. What this means for you is that the next time you Sync, Magelo will correctly remember the profile ID for your characters and will continue using the old one, instead of creating a new one due to the changed server name/character name.

If you have any questions about this change, please do not hesitate to ask us!

Thank you.
Krysta

Nbr post: 50
Register: 11/8/01
Posted: 6/23/10, 6:21 PM

Yeah, I have a question... Why do you guys always come up with such good ideas and SOE can't think of something similar?

Seems from what you said here that if our toons can be identified with a unique ID that lets you carry over settings and profile info from old toon / server to new toon / server that SOE could've done similar to let us carry over our hotkeys, audio triggers and settings. Instead SOE left us all spending an hour or so renaming .ini and .opt files in our game folder.

Can't some of you go over there and get a job with SOE and show them how to do things correctly? lol

EverQuest
Krystae Lunalupus - 95 Wood Elf Druid <Loyal Rebellion> - The Rathe

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Pandorae - 50 Chiss Sniper - Grand Master Zym

WEBSITE
Yak

Nbr post: 26
Register: 6/13/08
Posted: 6/24/10, 7:39 PM

Unfortunately, your patch did not work for me
I was on Rathe and yesterday Rathe was merged with Prexus. But our guild, Drachenreiter decided to move en-block to Antonius Bayle. So I moved all my toons to AB immediately after the merge,
Today I actually played on AB with my main (Yakush). When I tried to sync my magelo I got a (very fast) sync, but the result is a completely empty profile. Looking deeper on my Magelo page, I found TWO Yakush profiles. One is the correct one (minus today changes) that is defined on Rathe-Prexus where I no longer live, and another, completely empty profile on Antonius Bayle.
Please help....

P.S. my "new" and empty profile on AB has a different URL number than the old one.

(Erycil: Post was duplicated in this thread.)

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11389
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/25/10, 10:22 AM

Weird Yak, I will double check my code and will get back to you very soon.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 6/25/10, 12:21 PM

If anyone else, and I am sure there are some others, please do not delete your old profile in the hope it will solve the issue. I am looking into the issue, I will keep you posted here asap.
Gravlita

Nbr post: 7
Register: 12/16/03
Posted: 6/25/10, 12:45 PM

Some worked and others didn't for me. The ones that worked were characters moved by SOE during the big merger. The ones that didn't work for me were characters I manually chose to move to another server after the big merge. Perhaps we just have to wait for SOE servers to update the move, because I noticed in the SOE forums my characters hadn't shown up yet even though I could go login to them on the new server with no problems.
Gravlita

Nbr post: 7
Register: 12/16/03
Posted: 6/25/10, 6:37 PM

More info: Didn't work on a character I've had on the same server since being created, but I had to change the name do to the x being added. It made a new profile which I deleted.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 6/25/10, 8:57 PM

Actually, if a new profile is created, keep it for now until I fix the issue, it will help me understand what is going on, thanks !
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 6/26/10, 8:07 AM

Geez it looks like I wrongly assume that your character ID ( the one you have on eqplayers for exampe) would stick with you no matter what, after all, it would be pretty dumb to ask people to update all their sigs and stuff if they move to a new server...

Well guess what, they do wipe your old ID and assigned you a new one once you move.....

I am coding a new method to identify correctly your moved/renamed character now that will not rely on the character ID. It will be live very soon.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 6/26/10, 2:45 PM

Ok should work now, give it a try, it should update your correct profile just fine.
Pemolwen

Nbr post: 1
Register: 6/1/07
Posted: 6/27/10, 12:11 AM

I've still got 2 different profiles showing for my Bard
BobFarkle

Nbr post: 1
Register: 8/11/05
Posted: 6/27/10, 1:08 AM

I've tried and tried to update and it finds the zone I'm in but says it can't locate the target? Help me please.

Minchi
1394012 is my account number
Erycil

Nbr post: 2681
Register: 7/23/08
Posted: 6/28/10, 3:08 AM

Hi BobFarkle,

Would you mind providing the Magelo Sync log when it could not find the character please?

Press Ctrl + Shift + L when Magelo Sync is active to open up the log, then copy and paste the contents into the bug report post. You can also find the log in your Magelo Sync installation directory (magelo.log).

Thank you.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 6/29/10, 12:00 AM

Hi Pemolwen, do you mean you still end up with 2 profiles ? The patch would not clean the new profile that were created before, you will have to clean this new character yourself. Can you try to delete the new character and sync again ?
jilreforu

Nbr post: 3
Register: 8/1/10
Posted: 8/1/10, 1:47 PM

I am new here.........