Login / Sign up
> > > Can not access magelo.com from home

Messages in topic: Can not access magelo.com from home
discreet

Nbr post: 5
Register: 9/13/11
Posted: 9/13/11, 9:30 AM

I have to use my phone to post this because when I try to access a magelo site on my home wifi, it can never connect. It gives a timeout error and not a not found error. As soon as I swiitch to 3G I can browse on phone. This is not an option with pc.

Any help please?
Byratan

Nbr post: 58
Register: 2/12/09
Posted: 9/13/11, 10:07 AM

First, check where your Magelo link is going, then try to get to to the main page (relog yourself in, then try another action) Hopefully this gets you a fresh linkage rather then the previous (out-of-date?) link...
discreet

Posted: 9/13/11, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the response. Typing on a phone is slow for me.

Just to clarify, while on my phone with 3g internet, alll magelo sites work. As soon as I switch to my wifi via my wireless router, ALL magelo sites return error saying is down or moved, http://eq.magelo.com. or refreshing page I was on in magelo domain. All other sites work fine.

Was going to become premium member again. From using way in the past. Problem is the pc I play on can only be onliine thru router and no magelo sitees at all.

Thanks for hhelp
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11402
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 9/14/11, 2:12 AM

Hi discreet,

Can you tell us what browser/version are you using please ? Do you know if you are using a proxy server as well ?
discreet

Posted: 9/14/11, 3:03 PM

Currently using android browser as currently on device I can use to access site. I am not using a proxy server. I am guessing it is caused by my router but not sure why as no other site has issues.

Thanks
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11402
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 9/15/11, 4:36 AM

I meant the browser/version on your computer I doubt it's a router issue, if you don't have an issue on android using your wifi connection, it kinda tell us it's not the router.

Do you have a anti virus/firewall installed on your computer ?
discreet

Posted: 9/15/11, 8:12 AM

Sorry if I wasn't clear, when I use wifi to try to connect, I have thee same issue as my home pc. I have to switch phone back to verizon 3g.

Home network connects to time warner road runner. Tried latest versions of IE, Firefox, and Chrome on windows 7 x64. Microsoft security essentials and windows firewall.

Since my phone connects on 3g and immediately stops on wifi. I built a new windows xp virtual machine last night and could not connect also.

I would say it is either something special not comiiing through router, or you have a ban of my ip address. Not easy connect to point between modem ans router but wll try to get laptop to try that.

Thank,
Nate
Byratan

Nbr post: 58
Register: 2/12/09
Posted: 9/15/11, 10:45 AM

If the path stops when going through the router but not the modem, it sounds like the router has its own firewall that you will have to turn off or modify...
discreet

Posted: 9/24/11, 2:22 AM

Not sure what changed but it all of a sudden started working for me. My cable modem may have received a new IP Address while being unplugged for awhile. I was not able to do my test at the router before this due to remodeling being done in the room with router so not easy to get a computer in there to test outside router.

Thank you for working with me on it and hopefully my access to the site continues now as I have no clue what changed.

Thanks,
Discreet
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 9/26/11, 12:09 AM

Ok, this is a good news