Login / Sign up
> > > magelo worked didn't work now works again

Messages in topic: magelo worked didn't work now works again
shepdawg

Nbr post: 4
Register: 4/9/08
Posted: 9/30/11, 1:47 PM

k i wasn't sure where to post this but i have been unable to acces this site for 4-5 months it all started back when sony got hacked. i was able to come sync charc do other stuff no problem then after the hacking it all stoped working i did nothing dif to pc every time i tried conecting to this site via a link, or a google search for site and i tired other search engines as well. or even typing the address in directly i would always get this Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to eq.magelo.com

Try reloading: eq.­magelo.­com/­home.­jspa

Additional suggestions:
Access a cached copy of eq.­magelo.­com/­home.­jspa
Go to magelo.­com
Search on Google:

Google Toolbar Help - Why am I seeing this page?

©2011 Google - Google Home
even when i click your link i try one of the suggestions and still nada. used to work fine wonder whats wrong didn't do anything dif then norm get auto updates etc.

some suggested trying to reinstall but couldn't do that either cause i couldn't even get to the site.
i tried logging in on some other computers too to try and post but nada as well. Now all of a sudden it is working again and i can access this site np. What im am trying to get at is this i didn't download or change anything to make either of these things happen does anyone know what could have happened so i know what to do if this ever happens again? i had a preium subcription that i lost a few months on because of this problem and if i purchase another one i don't want it to happen again. sorry for long post and if in wrong section but i need to know to prevent thizs from happing again.

working together and helping each other out we can accomplish anything, if you help others out they will be more willing to help you out.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11402
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/3/11, 7:15 AM

Hi shepdawg,

From what you are telling us, I am very convinced that the issue came somehow from your provider or something in the middle (like a proxy) as we didn't have any issue with people not being able to connect to our website on a large scale. Which tells me it's not coming from our end.

So it's rather difficult to tell you what happened and why suddenly it works again. Now we can try together to understand what might have happened, I am happy to help

The first suspect I would have is a proxy server. Many internet provider uses one to save some bandwidth and sneaks it into their client configuration. So without really knowing it, there is a chance you are using one.

On IE, you can check that in Internet Options -> Connections Tab -> LAN Settings
Is the proxy server activated ?

2nd usual suspect would be a Security Suite such as norton internet security and the like, the firewall they have can basically act as a proxy and filter out some content. The issue is if they encounter something unexpected, they might just give you back a blank page or a can not connect. So they fool you into thinking you cant reach the website...

One explanation would be that such program has been updated lately and they fixed the issue.

If you didn't uninstall / install any other software and you didn't change your router settings, that should be it given that Magelo Sync was working correctly all that time (so it could connect to Magelo server).

Hopefully this brings a few elements to help you further understand what happened. If that would happen again, make sure to email us at support@magelo.com and we will assist you troubleshooting what is going on.

shepdawg

Nbr post: 4
Register: 4/9/08
Posted: 10/5/11, 12:37 AM

Im think it may have been the provider then I look to see if there was any proxy setting and under lan there is nothing check there are 3 boxes the bottom one says proxy stuff but it is not checked. the other thing that makes me think it may have been the provider is i tried to conect with 2 other computors at my house one a reg desktop and one a labtop. but now that i have a email addrees to send a replay to that will help couldn't even get that or rember it to try and get it from earlier I did ask other people to try and post something for me but i guess that never happen as they didn't get back to me. I also know that some others I was talking to had the same problem but as you said wasn't alot. but thank you for the ideas and response.

working together and helping each other out we can accomplish anything, if you help others out they will be more willing to help you out.