Login / Sign up
> > > Class Question Q&A Contest Submissions

Messages in topic: Class Question Q&A Contest Submissions
Rten

Nbr post: 1
Register: 12/26/01
Posted: 3/10/12, 3:48 PM

Class Monk

The evolution of monks have left us wondering what our unique defining class characteristic is? EQ has many hybrid classes, but while I love the concept of a monk, I am no longer clear on what ours is... DPS is shared by many classes and several are superior to ours... FD/Fade is now shared by many classes... Our ability to tank is limited... we cannot buff and our aura is anemic at best... Which leaves Mend as our possible defining attribute, which is just plain sad. Please share the Monk vision.

Rten/Frank
Niiteman Darkterra

Nbr post: 14
Register: 7/8/02
Posted: 3/10/12, 4:24 PM

Class: Rogue

when will some of the stuff be fixed for this class for example my main concern is smokeshroud rank2 put in a petition and bug report over and over last year(literally been at least 6 months) and its never fixed. rogues are always overlooked why is that??? the smokeshroud rk2 keeps dispersing when a merc is up and should be fixed

Stealth Assassin
masonmckitrick

Register: 3/10/12
Posted: 3/10/12, 4:54 PM

Class: Shaman

Is there a certain reason that the updated Research skill was implemented on the Fippy progression server, but the Alchemy was not updated at all? Is there a reason the search function on alchemy bags still display the newer recipes, forcing one to search through multiple incorrect online sources to finally find an older recipe list? Would it not be more engaging for the Shaman to be able to access this trough in game methods?
pinehurst

Register: 3/14/03
Posted: 3/10/12, 5:36 PM

Class: Ranger

Why dont Rangers have class specific archery items that can be tailor made to fit the playing style of the character.
Fredorff

Nbr post: 25
Register: 1/31/02
Posted: 3/10/12, 7:15 PM

Class: Shaman (+others)

Classes that do multiple things (melee+nuke, nuke+heal, pets+melee, etc) have much different Alt Advancement outlooks than single-axis characters. Is the dichotomy of a proliferation of options versus higher requirements to be fully capable considered an overall plus or minus for them?

Szilent Brohg Leeni Hotpants Fredorff Ninin Roarie Szilly Camraderry
footssis

Register: 4/2/03
Posted: 3/10/12, 8:38 PM

I really didn't swarm kite or charm kite so the nerfs really didin't affect me, I really would like to see my Bard take more hits by raising the AC cap? or whatever it is that makes us so soft*, DPS is another thing also I wish we could parse better than we do without having to click all of our aa's and such, I am not asking to be at the top of parses but it would be nice to be in the parse more than once a raid night.
Also, how come Staunch never gives us our mana back, is there a way to make that work?

Scornfire

Register: 6/4/07
Posted: 3/10/12, 8:43 PM

Class: All Caster DPSers

I know this question isn't quite in the form you guys were looking for, but it's relevent either way. Over the last several years one of the prevailing themes in EQ has been an imbalance in the power of pure DPS classes in the raiding world, at some point nearly every class has had it's moment in the sun (with the eception of mages I suppose)... but with the release of VoA the difference we've seen in the capacilities of melee classes as opposed to casters (For the love of bertoxxulous some of the top end knights are out dpsing the top mages) is so immense I find it utterly incomprehensible. Year after year I listen to people scream "OVERPOWERED" at me and my fellow necros because of abilities like RB/DB and the advent of the swift dot's which we got robbed of for raiding purposes...and yet, now we see such a gap in DPS potential between melee and casters I can't help but feel it's our turn to cry wolf. Are there any plans next expansion to do some Actual testing and balancing of class DPS?
Nicknyynyg

Nbr post: 2
Register: 10/30/10
Posted: 3/11/12, 1:22 AM

Class: Paladin

Why hasn't the Paladin received an updated version of our Blessed Aura? 5% heal bonus is just about useless in the new expansion and is more of a pain to keep up and not worth it. I'm thinking 15-20%. I mean the Cleric has an aura that adds like 10k hp and we get some wussy 5% extra healing... comical if you ask me.

morikcm

Register: 5/17/07
Posted: 3/11/12, 10:24 AM

Class: Bard

Question: Is There Going To Be Made a Use For The Oratory Line of Songs? Both songs only push or pull a very small amount, and therefore i dont see much use for them and hardly ever use them. Are you going to make them better, by maybe making them usuable on immune to movement mobs or make them push or pull much more.

.….…
Mishafael
Premium User

Nbr post: 4
Register: 1/25/05
Posted: 3/11/12, 11:20 AM

Class: Druid
Question: Is there any way of telling if our debuffs are even worth casting? Most times it seems the effects are son inconsequential as to be a waste of time and mana.
Mishafael
Premium User

Posted: 3/11/12, 11:24 AM

Question: in re: our new Veil of Underbrush VoA AA. Could we get an explanation of just when and how the developers envisioned this being used? In my test usages to date I have been spectacularly unsuccessful in my attempts to use this "fade"
Mishafael
Premium User

Posted: 3/11/12, 11:27 AM

Question: Our clicky BPs to set our focus on healing or dps is a step in the right direction but I would wonder if there are plans to make the refresh on our choice shorter and perhaps the effect longer? In a group fight against a named it is far too short and the timer too long to be effective.
Dizok

Register: 1/18/12
Posted: 3/11/12, 12:49 PM

Class: Beastlord

What is the Archetypal Beastlord? Beastmaster? Pied Piper and Snake Charmer would be more Bardic in the Eq world.

Beast Master was able to communicate with the beasts and through his connection have very elaborate mix of animals support in both trickery and combat. Everquest initial built beastlord as a hybrid between monk, shaman, with a pet that was subpar to mage and necro pets. Over time we have had some boosting to our pets and beastlords have been able to maintain greater stamina or constant dps vice burst dps. We've gained a swarm of werewolves as pets (whats the background on that?) and we still have our one main pet (warder).

Where are the hawks or ferrets that would distract an opponent or find a key or hidden treasure? Where is the Eagle to share vision and see over the horizon? I know there could be infringement issues but the archetype should have some similar capabilities with commanding armies of animals and charming animals (through telepathy) to support them. I've seen armies of undead spawn for necromancers and this can be a real sight.

My next question is one of playstyle. The Beastmaster generally worked on his own with the beasts and maybe one or two companions. How does this build into guild and raid play? Beastlords are generally kept along to provide mana regen such as paragon but this has not scaled with character and content scaling so is not as needed. Where do the devs feel beastlords fit when it comes to raiding? subpar to several classes in dps, healing, curing? (why not have those main classes then with limited raid space?)

okay thats more than enough to discuss.
windfinder1

Nbr post: 10
Register: 7/26/08
Posted: 3/11/12, 1:10 PM

For all Classes

Question: I like to see a Alt. Currency be like the all Currency. What I mean is Rebellion chits will cost 2 to 1 for Diamond Coins and 3 to 1 for Bronze Fiats and Diamond Coins can be used to buy Bronze Fiats or Rebellion Chits. The number will be up to the Devs. and to buy T2, T3, and T4 raid gear you need to have won the raid to see the items to buy them . And I like to see the Augmentations from group task be added to the raid gear list on merchant. each Aug from the group mission T2 for each Merchant with T2 raid gear, and so on T3 and T4 augments. I know the devs will need to work it out. but after a time the Alt. Currency will sit and do nothing this is why I'm asking for it.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1420490
Dmanick

Register: 2/20/12
Posted: 3/11/12, 1:34 PM

Class: warrior

What can be done to make the warrior class have more abilities that have a 30 second or less cool down. Using a couple abilities once an hour or 30 mins is not like other class using spell or skills ever few seconds. Can changes be made to allow either a warrior to do more dps so they get good use out of a healer merc. Or better self healing or mitigation so they work with rog merc.