Login / Sign up
> > > EverQuest Patch

Messages in topic: EverQuest Patch
Tryal

Nbr post: 8
Register: 6/12/02
Posted: 4/24/07, 7:13 PM

It's a paid service, Magelo happily charges $25 a year, they do have some responsibility to fix their product when it breaks.

Sure She posted Just yesterday...but the patch Broke it on the 18th. So they waited 5 days to post already.
If it's going to be another day, sometimes that happens if the coding is changed more than they thought, but it is the bare minimum of service to atleast get an update when the expected time has passed.

The only Reason SOE, and all the other GameMakers for MMORPGs can get away with bad service is because people like you Expect them to have bad service and complain when someone else complains.
But unlike the game itself, It's pretty easy to Quit Magelo and go to EQplayers or something else to display your profile..or just stop being a Premium member.

What good is an Auto-Updater of my toon if it can't Update them for Weeks after any Patch or Expansion...right when you'd want them updated?
It obviously takes a little time to fix it, but atleast they could keep people informed on it.
Otsego

Nbr post: 33
Register: 11/29/06
Posted: 4/24/07, 7:18 PM

If you know that patches break it (we all do), why do you need someone to say "hey, the patch broke it like it always does! please wait a few days, thanks."

You do not need someone to hold your hand.

You knew there was a patch.

You know they have to update for the patch.

Many things need updated that SoE does NOT give them information on.

That's not an excuse but you can bet their not just "slacking off" to update the program.

They will tell you when its back and honestly, thats all I wait for.

I do not need someone to state to me the obvious just so I can feel good.

To the developers at Magelo, you're doing a damned fine job, keep up the good work.

Otsego Undead the Faydark Gatherer
Eumdyyen

Nbr post: 1
Register: 4/28/03
Posted: 4/24/07, 7:19 PM

Be prepared, word on last patch was that they were changing, or adding encryption. this could pose an insurmountable issue to the Magelo software geeks. Lets hope it only makes the job difficult, not impossible.

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11406
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 4/24/07, 7:30 PM

Patch is incoming in 20mn or so, expected downtime is near 15mn. We had to delay a little the patch to fix last standing issues. Working on the patch note now
Jenika

Nbr post: 4
Register: 1/18/02
Posted: 4/24/07, 10:05 PM

For the record the first patch was the 18th...there was another on the 20th