Login / Sign up
> > > HP's and AC

Messages in topic: HP's and AC
Deeon269

Nbr post: 2
Register: 10/17/06
Posted: 9/9/08, 5:33 PM

Why is it these are the only 2 stats that never show right? Never has. Gets me to thinking about why i pay for something that doesn't work correctly and every other week is down for days on end. Is it too much for a paying customer to want the product working? Before i get flamed just remember i DO pay real money and as such should expect a working product or a refund or at least extended use.
Zaidoc

Nbr post: 161
Register: 8/18/02
Posted: 9/9/08, 7:53 PM

No intention to flame here, many of us pay for this service.

AC and HP have been wrong by varying amounts since the inception of Heroic Stats. They still haven't gotten the formula, so HP and AC are no longer more accurate here than EQ Players (both are wrong, just wrong by different amounts). We are still waiting for the formula to be put in place.

As for downtime, Magelo has no connection to Sony, so every time EQ changes Magelo goes down until the developers figure out what new twists Sony did to EQ and how it affects client side information. Sometimes its hours, sometimes days, sometimes longer. It depends on the depth of the changes. Each time people complain, but they do their best (as far as I can tell) at getting it done as quickly as possible.

Zaidoc ImagoDei
Order of the Silent Fist
Retired
fractal

Nbr post: 23
Register: 12/28/01
Posted: 9/15/08, 9:04 AM

AC and HP have been wrong by varying amounts since the inception of Heroic Stats. They still haven't gotten the formula, so HP and AC are no longer more accurate here than EQ Players (both are wrong, just wrong by different amounts). We are still waiting for the formula to be put in place.

My eqplayers HP is perfectly accurate. My magelo is off by over 600hp.
So the free site that people like to make fun of is correct and this service i'm paying for is way off.
It's been 10 months since heroic stats came into the game, this is pathetic.
Zaidoc

Posted: 9/15/08, 11:25 AM

My eqplayers HP is perfectly accurate.

Glad to hear it. All I can say is that my EQ Players information changes each time an update occurs and changes based on what Buffs I have; what tribute is running; what LAA and RAA points are in effect. It is never "right", just close.

Zaidoc ImagoDei
Order of the Silent Fist
Retired
jboop

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/16/03
Posted: 9/15/08, 12:16 PM

I also noticed that magelo doesn't seem to take into account the energiean orbs we have equipped. My stats are off by about 1100 hps and 190 ac between the orb/heroics calculations not being in place. Not a huge deal for me, but it is somewhat annoying and one of the main reasons why I refuse to pay for the service until it gets fixed.

fractal

Posted: 9/15/08, 1:16 PM

I also noticed that magelo doesn't seem to take into account the energiean orbs we have equipped.

Yes it does. If you manually edit your profile instead of using sync (not an option if you're not a premium user) you have to add the powersource to the type 1 aug slot on each piece of armor.
fractal

Posted: 9/15/08, 1:21 PM

Glad to hear it. All I can say is that my EQ Players information changes each time an update occurs and changes based on what Buffs I have; what tribute is running; what LAA and RAA points are in effect. It is never "right", just close.

Buffs/tribute/laa/raa etc. only affect the buffed hp total (the number on the right on the profile).
I turn off auto-updating and use /eqplayersupdate when my gear gets upgraded. I've never had a problem with the numbers being perfectly accurate. The gear shown is another story, it's been blank for a while.

just checked it:
magelo: 26657hp 3337ac
eqplayers: 27293hp 3378ac
actual unbuffed: 27288hp 3378ac
Zaidoc

Posted: 9/16/08, 10:04 AM

Buffs/tribute/laa/raa etc. only affect the buffed hp total (the number on the right on the profile).
I turn off auto-updating and use /eqplayersupdate when my gear gets upgraded. I've never had a problem with the numbers being perfectly accurate. The gear shown is another story, it's been blank for a while.

Again, glad to hear it. My left number in EQPlayers goes up and down like a yo-yo depending on what buffs, tribute, etc. was "on" when I did the update. It has never, for my character, been perfectly accurate. Even if I strip all buffs/tributes, it still does not reflect what's in the game. So for me, they are both equally inaccurate - Magelo is too low and EQ Players is usually too high. My real stats fall somewhere between to two.

I am glad to hear that some people at least are getting accurate numbers from at least one of the two programs. For me neither has ever been right, though Magelo used to be closer.

Zaidoc ImagoDei
Order of the Silent Fist
Retired
Failea

Nbr post: 5
Register: 10/5/02
Posted: 9/27/08, 8:18 AM

Fractical wrote: I turn off auto-updating and use /eqplayersupdate when my gear gets upgraded. I've never had a problem with the numbers being perfectly accurate. The gear shown is another story, it's been blank for a while.

You have got to be one of the luckiest person!! My EQ Players (I do the same method as you use) has NEVER been right. My AA's are off by 200+ and my exp is off by 60% and my HP is off by 2-3k and same with mana! I have contacted EQPlayers, but they still fail to fix it. This has been ongoing since EQPlayers came out! I thought by buying the EQPlayers that it would get corrected...WRONG!! I just wasted good $$$ and it was way more expensive than Magelo! So I dropped the bought version and really don't use it!

Failea
The cute, little, Halfling Cleric
Zaidoc

Posted: 9/29/08, 10:33 AM

Failea wrote:
You have got to be one of the luckiest person!!

I agree - there are whole threads on EQ Players dedicated to how this isn't working. Whenever I use /eqplayersupdate all of my gear disappears. If I let an autoupdate occur the gear comes back. And while Itaru is correct that the left hand number is not supposed to change, it does. For me it even changes periodically if I have updates turned off completely. And the numbers have never matched what my real, in-game numbers are.

Zaidoc ImagoDei
Order of the Silent Fist
Retired
fractal

Posted: 10/2/08, 5:54 AM

I wrote:
My eqplayers HP is perfectly accurate. My magelo is off by over 600hp.

Off by 875 hp now. Eqplayers still accurate
Zaidoc

Posted: 10/2/08, 11:10 AM

fractal wrote:
Eqplayers still accurate

I would be happy if one or the other were accurate, but neither are for me. Magelo is too low by about 300HPs or so and EQPlayers is over by about 150 or so.

Zaidoc ImagoDei
Order of the Silent Fist
Retired
Bornto

Register: 12/14/04
Posted: 11/2/08, 5:28 AM

/agree, why am i paying for a site that in over a year hasnt gotten my stats right? Am I just stupid if I renew it or should i just cancel it and not rely on it? EQPlayers sucks just as much IMHO, but at least im not putting out real money to look at it. You all gonna fix it or what?
Norforthot

Nbr post: 16
Register: 4/26/03
Posted: 11/2/08, 3:47 PM

God you people complain too much.... Magelo cost next to nothing to use and ALWAYS has my gear correct as well as the mod2s. So what if the H/M/E is a little off, since it is not affiliated with SOE it cannot get the internal coding to know exactly how stats effect the final H/M/E totals. SOE cannot get it right all the time with EQPlayers and they know the internal coding.

Magelo allows me to see augs in my gear, wish lists, all effects on my char (Mod2s, clickies, focus, etc) and even AA's correctly. EQPlayers most of the time does not have gear correct, cannot see augs unless use EQPlayers Lite (and even then it is wrong more than not), none of the effects on my char and only if you are a lucky one, the correct H/M/E.

For the costs of Magelo they are doing a great job with the site and the services offered.

Deeon269

Register: 10/17/06
Posted: 11/2/08, 11:57 PM

doorjam you can do all that for free bro, thats my point why pay for something not working and lets be honest it never has. i will not be renewing my sub till it is fixed.